Xantrex settings

Options
trumpets3u
trumpets3u Solar Expert Posts: 35 ✭✭✭
I have a Xantrex SW Plus 4024. When I go to the 06 Status Menu and go to the bypass mode It will not let me bypass. I'm I missing something here? I put another changer on because it the inverter charger kicks in and out.
Thanks Brian

Comments

• samuel
    samuel Solar Expert Posts: 80 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Xantrex settings

I have an MS3000 and encountered this issue. If the 4024 is similar to the MS3000 I'm using then I think I may know what is going on. The inverter is searching for a "qualified AC input" and if your AC source (generator for example) does not meet the criteria then it will switch over to invert. If running off a generator a quick fix is to simply turn off the inverter function.

From the MS3000 manuel
    If the AC is qualified, the charger operates. If the AC is not qualified, then the charger will not operate until AC qualifies.
    ---this also applies to the inverter, if AC input is not qualified the inverter will switch on and the AC input will be disconnected.

Another way, and a more permanent fix, is to set some parameters just a touch different. You'll need to consult your user manual and look for how to find and set "Cfg AC Limits" - this will allow you to manually set what frequency and voltages will be considered as "qualified AC input" Hope this helps.

Oh, and I discovered this when using a Honda EU3000 on eco-throttle. The generator couldn't spin up fast enough to meet the AC power need of the cabin and the battery charger on bulk. I had to switch eco-throttle off in order to fix my issue.