Solar fail/Wind recovery

Options
Thomas
Thomas Solar Expert Posts: 291
Hello.
My air-x may finally be working after-all. I pulled the SSW controller out and put my own rectifier in.
I do finally see what all the hubub is about concerning Home-made D.I.Y. panels.
I just tried to put 36 6x6 cells together on a piece of tempered glass with some solar-tite. Easy. 21 Volts. NO AMPS. oh well Solar Boulivard here I come for a couple of 60 Watt panels to recover from the effort. I still have the glass and backing and junction box so maybee some grade 'A' cells or at least new guaranteed cells later this summer.

I now have a total of 240 watts and a wind generator and two 35Ahr batteries to a grid-tie. (to concern neighbors with)
:blush::p My e-bill was down 50% oct/nov but dec no sun. Later.
Always troubleshoot with adequate sunlight.  Hi Ho Hi Ho
2.3kW [10] Enecsys SMI-240-60 micro inverters

Comments

• TnAndy
    TnAndy Solar Expert Posts: 249 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: Solar fail/Wind recovery

The only way your bill could be down 50% with that setup is if you didn't have much of a bill to begin with, OR you cut out a whole lot of use.
  • Thomas
    Thomas Solar Expert Posts: 291
    Options
    Re: Solar fail/Wind recovery

50% is a lot and I was very surprised at the signifigance of displacement. (I just bought another 120 watts for it) Though admittedly my electric bill is very low and my consumption excludes resistive loads save a hot water heater and a coffee maker. My energy expenditure is primarily Propane heat/stove.
    My electric consumption varies from 300(low winter)to 900(high summer)Kilowatt hours. I am pretty enthusiastic, I also have 3 Heliatos hot water panels that get my water HOT in the summer!Anyway, yeah, if I win the lottery I will get all American-made name brand warranteed goods! ;)Untill then my installations are reasonable secure. What the heck makes a Honda 2000watt generator 1000 dollars?
    Always troubleshoot with adequate sunlight.  Hi Ho Hi Ho
    2.3kW [10] Enecsys SMI-240-60 micro inverters