Call your electricity company and ask what kind of money saving programs they have!

Options
rollandelliott
rollandelliott Solar Expert Posts: 834 ✭✭
Just found out my electricity company offered free solar hot water systems last year for 20 people that applied for them.
Also found out they have a energy efficiency program and a lower rate for people that conserve.
http://www.yorkelectric.net/member_services/faq/faq_energy.html

Last year my brother missed out on a great solar rebate because he simply did not know about it.

Bottom line is knowledge is power and even though utility companies have a bad name for being greedy, they actually have some pretty nice programs out there to help you out. Unlike big Federal programs these programs are often obscure and poorly advertised and have short deadlines. Good luck!!!

Peace, Rolland

Comments

• TnAndy
    TnAndy Solar Expert Posts: 249 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: Call your electricity company and ask what kind of money saving programs they hav

Ours pays 12 cents OVER retail for all solar power produced. If you can produce about 50% of your use, you have zero bill.....and they throw in a flat $1000 buck check on connection.
  • Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Call your electricity company and ask what kind of money saving programs they hav

Yes, Our Grid supplier -- PG&E is one of the worst utilities among a croud of the awful, has Special Programs. These are Rate-Payer funded programs for efficient lighting and other conservation strategies.

The rate payers pay for it all, including any mailings and advertising for these (IIRC). Still worthwhile, but it does not come from the generosity of the stockholders ... OOPPsss pardon my attitude, in a new year, no less.

It IS a good idea to check to see what is available, as RE said Vic
    Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.