remote start

Options
Í my buddy has. A new 8kw propane generater model 0058701 with a nexas controller on it and he has a maagnum inverter and ags n controller does anyone know where to hook up the 2 wires from the ags into the nexus controller he would like to set it uo when the battery voltage get low.also does the generator have remote start capabilitys.tried to call generac but not much help there.anyhelp would. ãppreciated.

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options
    Re: remote start

Can you supply a link to the generator model (and controller if needed)? I think the details are going to matter.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • bundy
    bundy Registered Users Posts: 10
    Options

ya sorry i forgot 2 mention its a generac guardian model #0058701 8kw nexus controller on it also the ags-n is made by magum.we dont have any problems with the magnum ags its pretty straight forward it could either work off temperature or low battery voltage.it would of been quite simple to wire if it wernt for the nexus controller in the generac.there is a generac generator specific for off gridd but it was like 1200 dollars more money so he opted for the cheaper one.
  • offgrid me
    offgrid me Solar Expert Posts: 119 ✭✭
    Options

My generac gaurdian uses the line voltage as its trigger. It senses when there is voltage on L1 and L2 of a 220v split phase circuit. If voltage is interupted it switches on, warms up then sends a signal to the transfer switch. The only way I found to auto start it off grid was to ditch the transfer switch all together. I use a relay that is controlled by my battery monitor which denergizes L1 and L2 when the battery voltage is low. This triggers the genny to turn on. You will also have to find a way to charge the generators battery because the controller of the generator is a constant draw on the starting battery, and these units do not have a charging system.
  • bundy
    bundy Registered Users Posts: 10
    Options

i was looking at the schematics if u run 120volts from your panel to feed wire t1 in the juction box it would provide a charging source for the battery so there must be a transformer in the nexus controller,does that look right to u