Best Panel / Tech for oblique incidence angle to sun

lairdreed
lairdreed Registered Users Posts: 5
I am looking at 3 different panels but want to get the right one for my situation: The panels will not be positioned perfectly for my latitude and indeed they are south west facing as well. Soooo which of three manufacturers technologies would be best in this situation?

Kyocera KD240GX-LPB - highest efficiency according to www.posharp.com; also strong mfgr

Suntech Pluto240-Wde - they claim the best low light technology (Pluto), does the same go for oblique light; highest PTC rating

CS6P-230P - cheap and seem to be OK

Any thoughts?

Laird

Comments

• waynefromnscanada
    waynefromnscanada Solar Expert Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Best Panel / Tech for oblique incidence angle to sun

Usually "highest efficiency" just means slightly smaller panel size per watt, and more expensive per watt. Unless you're cramped for space, spend the money on more watts.
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

when dealing with angles that are offset from the sun, all of them will lose equally by % as the power of the sun is being thinned out by the off angle and has absolutely nothing to do with pv methods, efficiencies, or ratings.
  • lairdreed
    lairdreed Registered Users Posts: 5

Thanks guys, will probably go suntech as cheaper than Kyo and better warentee, cs6ps are good price but 10 to 15w smaller per panel.

Laird