Looking for Sanyo HIP-205BA19 or BA20 panels

PeterN
PeterN Registered Users Posts: 7
I'm adding solar to my van. With limited roof space (only 53 1/4" wide), I figure I can maximize power with three Sanyo HIP-205BA19 panels. I've called all the suppliers I found via Google, and nobody has these panels available in small (i.e. less than full pallet) quantity.

Does anybody know where I might find these panels?

Thanks,
-Peter

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Re: Looking for Sanyo HIP-205BA19 or BA20 panels

I am not in the industry... You could try calling NAWS and see if they have/know of any partial lots with their friends.

Looking on line--they are asking $4-$5 a watt per panel--Not cheap.

Otherwise, call Sanyo and ask who in your area is buying panels (typically for grid tied installations) and see if you can piggy back onto one of their orders.

Sanyo Distributors
    Sanyo Installers

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • bmet
    bmet Solar Expert Posts: 630 ✭✭

does anyone remember that one poster who purchased the self-tacking laminates for his RV? For the long and narrow space of his roof, he seemed happy with the output from them.
  • PeterN
    PeterN Registered Users Posts: 7

Thanks for the ideas. I'll try that. Yes, these panels are expensive, but I'm only buying three. I've found a a few places selling flexible panels, but the efficiency is low (<%10).
  • bmet
    bmet Solar Expert Posts: 630 ✭✭
    PeterN wrote: »
    Thanks for the ideas. I'll try that. Yes, these panels are expensive, but I'm only buying three. I've found a a few places selling flexible panels, but the efficiency is low (<%10).

Normal panel efficiency is not much better, 13-14%.