Xantrex Prosine (Pure Sine) 2.5 Inverter Charger for sale with accessories

PorkChopsMmm
PorkChopsMmm Solar Expert Posts: 189 ✭✭✭✭✭
Sold on Ebay. Thanks for the help!

Some of you may have seen this thread from the offgrid subforum, but I upgraded my 12V system to 48V and as such I have my 12V inverter and its accessories for sale. I am going to put this up on eBay but figured I should give you all a shot.

Included is the
- Xantrex 12V Pure Sine Wave Prosine 2.5 (2500 watt) inverter charger

805-3026.jpg

- Xantrex Remote Temperature Sensor

045-02889_400.jpg

- 2 Xantrex displays -- 1 regular remote control panel and 1 ACS remote LCD control panel. This inverter has the ability to use 2 displays -- one for near the inverter and one for inside of your residence, for example. The ACS sells for ~$200+ online and was purchased new a few months ago.

prosinestandard.jpg

and

xantrex_acs_remote_panel_for_43229big.jpg

All parts were pulled this weekend from a working installation and have been in place for a year. Inverting, charging, etc. all worked fine. All components were in an insulated power shed and not exposed to the elements. This is a used inverter but works great and comes with everything you need on the inverter side to get started.

Asking $850 OBO plus shipping. Trades? Guns, a dog, small tractor, or contracting/carpentry work in Michigan considered! PM or email me for the fastest response.

Comments

• waynefromnscanada
    waynefromnscanada Solar Expert Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Xantrex Prosine (Pure Sine) 2.5 Inverter Charger for sale with accessories

Where are you, USA? Canada? Thinking shipping etc
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Where are you, USA? Canada? Thinking shipping etc

Wayne, we all know Canadian schools aren't the best but ... Michigan is a State not a Province. :p
  • solarvic
    solarvic Solar Expert Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭✭

Wayne from canada. I live in usa and have bought Satelite equipment from Canada. If you use ups ect. there is lots of charges. brokerage fees, ect. If you could use Canada post seems like you can avoid all that. I Don,t know what the inverter weighs but it looks preety small. Maybe you can get seller to send it in the mail and save money as long as it isn,t too heavy. I even had something shipped in 2 different packages once because everything in one package would be too heavy for the mail. :Dsolarvic:D
  • PorkChopsMmm

This was installed in Michigan (almost Canada!) but will be shipped from Illinois. This isn't a small inverter -- I would call it large and weights approximately 50 to 60 pounds. Not as heavy as my new Outback 48V inverter but this has larger physical dimensions.

Wayne, I ran shipping to Canada and with US Priority Mail shipping would be $138.63 with the insurance maxed out at $675. Let me know over PM if you are interested and we can work something out.
  • waynefromnscanada
    Wayne, we all know Canadian schools aren't the best but ... Michigan is a State not a Province. :p

Hahahahahahaha Ya got me good :p:p
    Now off to get my eyes checked :blush:
  • waynefromnscanada

Thanks everyone, appreciate your input. Reason I was asking - - had brought items in before from USA and got charged all kinds of fees by the Canadian Government etc that really added up. And we claim to have "free trade". Yeah. Right. :grr
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone, appreciate your input. Reason I was asking - - had brought items in before from USA and got charged all kinds of fees by the Canadian Government etc that really added up. And we claim to have "free trade". Yeah. Right. :grr

their way of thinking is it has to be free trade as nobody is forcing you to do it. beyond that they don't see their fees, tariffs, and what have you as not of free trade, but that has always been the way of thinking of politicians i guess.:roll:
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭

Never, ever use United Parcel Service! It's the most sure-fire way to get ripped off when they act as your "broker"! Get it sent parcel post or drive across the border (if you can afford the bloody passport and the huge amount of time). One of the reasons I don't do business with the U.S. anymore; between their government and ours it's a very expensive hassle to bring anything in. Doesn't seem to have stopped the illegal traffic at all. :grr
  • solarvic
    solarvic Solar Expert Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭✭

Yes MarkI know what you are saying I got a $200.00 starchoice sat receiver and the brokerage and all the fees were a little over $100. thru Ups. The next 2 times I got receivers my dealer sent it post and I got it 2 days after he sent it. No extra charges .I don,t know what the weight limmit is but I have got packages in the mail before I thought was close to 50 lb. If It was me I would find out what the mail weight limit is. And if all the stuff put together is too heavy, just send the extras in another
    box. :Dsolarvic:D Ps if you use regular parcel shipping it should be less. I just sent an outback charge controler from Pennsylvania to Tennesee and it was about $8.00 cheaper and the lady at the post office said it would probably take 2 more days than priority mail. So 2, 3, or 4 days longer shouldn,t be a problem unless you are impatient.
  • PorkChopsMmm

OP here. The $138 I calculated was within the USPS weight limits, in my own packaging, and insured. The extras with this don't weight much -- the inverter would be 95% of the shipping weight.
  • PorkChopsMmm

Bump. Besides NAWS and eBay anyone know of a good place to sell used solar equipment?
  • solar_dave
    solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭
    Bump. Besides NAWS and eBay anyone know of a good place to sell used solar equipment?

Craigslist local sales, no fees.
  • PorkChopsMmm

Dave, thanks for the heads up. I have it on CL -- I'll see what response I get. BTW for anyone who was interested I think I overestimated the shipping weight to Canada. Instead of being $180 I think it would be $90 or less. I am flexible on covering shipping for the right deal.