sun tax may be on the way....lol

Slappy
Slappy Solar Expert Posts: 251 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
found this article, just about rolled out of my chair laughing.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105665-Woman-Claims-to-Own-the-Sun

Comments

• solar_dave
    solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: sun tax may be on the way....lol

I want to charge her for the excess radiation I get in summer. I am damaged by the cost to cool my house. :D
  • Slappy
    Slappy Solar Expert Posts: 251 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

and here is a pic of her in this article, holding the documents.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1333776/Spanish-woman-Angeles-Duran-claims-owns-sun--plans-start-charging-ALL-users.html
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭

Since we've all been using it for years without any payment to anyone, we all have a legal easement of use. So much for her claim. ;)
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

how about all of the people that got sunburn and cancer? too much responsibility and too many lawsuits involved in owning the sun. there could also be a problem as one could claim the space the sun occupies or better yet claim the milky way galaxy and charge her rent for the sun being there. it would be interesting to see her trying to move it to avoid rent charges.:cry::p

sometimes people take ownership and possession too seriously in thinking that all things are subject to them.
  • Shane Jackson
    Shane Jackson Solar Expert Posts: 49

Now the Gov needs to come in and tax the hell out of her based on the "value"

Make an example out of her....
  • 2manytoyz
    2manytoyz Solar Expert Posts: 373 ✭✭✭

I'll make a deal with her. She can pay me rent for living on MY planet (yea, I got papers too, LOL!), and I'll pay her tax for solar energy. Seems fair.

:cool: