Free

SirSparks
SirSparks Solar Expert Posts: 43
I have a few new Green Energies 15 amp 12V charge controllers (basic controller) I don't need as I went with an Out Back MX80.

Anyone desiring one maybe for a kid to play with and learn from; I'll just need a small stamped addressed Jiffy bag MAILED to me.

Comments

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Free

sir sparks,
    i'm intrigued with that controller. is it basically a straight up voltage regulator and lacks the standard bulk, absorb, and float stages other ccs have? i see it has an lvd, but it has a low voltage threshold of 22v max input making some pvs with their high voc ratings borderline with or over the cc's ability to handle. they were pretty cheap to buy new too at $12.95 manufacturer's retail list price.
  • SirSparks
    SirSparks Solar Expert Posts: 43
    Re: Free
    niel wrote: »
    sir sparks,
    i'm intrigued with that controller. is it basically a straight up voltage regulator and lacks the standard bulk, absorb, and float stages other ccs have? i see it has an lvd, but it has a low voltage threshold of 22v max input making some pvs with their high voc ratings borderline with or over the cc's ability to handle. they were pretty cheap to buy new too at $12.95 manufacturer's retail list price.

That is all I paid for them and they are basic; Adjustable HV cut-off 13.5 - 13.7 volts.
    LV cut off 11.5V
    Pmax (Load) 150 watts.
    OCV 21V max.

Just ON/OFF is all they are