XW MPPT60-150 Basic Question

OK, this really doesn't impact the operation, but I tried to reset the data logging portion of the charge controller. I did this because the months for the charge controller did not follow the calendar months.

I followed all the instructions. It did everything correctly, clearing all the daily logs, and all the monthly logs too, except there is still data for "Month 0." Now I retried clearing everything, clearing all the daily data, and clearing all the monthly data. But it is still there.

So I am wondering how I can clear this last data bit.

Also, the charge controller calculates based on a day. If it is initially placed in service at 10 a.m., will its day always be 10:00 a.m. to 9:59:59 a.m. the next day? How can I get the day as far as the charge controller is concerned to start at 12:00 a.m.?

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: XW MPPT60-150 Basic Question

Month zero or day zero is now so I do not believe this can be changed without doing a complete reset. The unit logs a solar day so whenever your day begins is when it begins. I am thinking your questions are about something that I will never understand do to my being offgrid. Please don't take offense but I am glad that I do not have to understand these questions.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• sub3marathonman
    sub3marathonman Solar Expert Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    Month zero or day zero is now so I do not believe this can be changed without doing a complete reset. The unit logs a solar day so whenever your day begins is when it begins. I am thinking your questions are about something that I will never understand do to my being offgrid. Please don't take offense but I am glad that I do not have to understand these questions.

I am definitely not offended, now maybe a bit jealous about you being off-grid :D .

Thanks for the information.

But this still doesn't answer why I can't get the Month 0 to be 0. Day 0 went to 0, but then again I did this before any PV energy was generated today.

Also, I'm not sure about a "solar day" with the controller. Does that mean that if you turn it off during the day it will then see a new "solar day" when you turn it back on? I've never tried that.
  • Dave Angelini

The solar day is when the unit wakes up and begins charging. If you turn it off and reset power the SCP will show you that a new day has started.

As for your day zero question forgive me but my mind keeps going to the scene in Spinal Tap where the amplifire has volume levels to 10 and the really good ones go to 11.

I will defer to others.

• TheBackRoads
    TheBackRoads Solar Expert Posts: 274 ✭✭

this might be a n00b post but... unless they have changed things.. which they probably have.. but.. isnt day 0 the current day and like day 1 is yesterday, day 2 is 2 days ago type of thing? same with the month data? I dont know of any way to program it so it has the right "day number" so to speak.... but thats just my $0.02

TBR
  • Dave Angelini

TBR,

You got it! I think it comes from the mx-60 or the X grid-tie gear which was probably looked at when the -60-150 was designed. The -80-600vdc is the same only they send all this data out to the SCP.

I begged in the developement of the 600v controller for the SCP to be updated but these are tough times and just getting it to market was "up there" on my list.

Thinks like larger, color display, USB out, and a scroll function are no brainers but MAYBE SOMEDAY ! :grr

• TheBackRoads

One can only hope they will add the "flashy" features some day! ;) (like when in float - trigger relay stuff, internet ready):roll:
  • Dave Angelini
    One can only hope they will add the "flashy" features some day! ;) (like when in float - trigger relay stuff, internet ready):roll:

If your CC does not indicate when in float and and float time then it must be over three years old when firmware was updated to indicate float and time in minutes. Boost charge was added along with a few othe tweeks.

The CC has always had an AUX out-put for a trigger relay but you are right they did not want this system to be easily updated by internet or non-skilled folks.

• TheBackRoads
    If your CC does not indicate when in float and and float time then it must be over three years old when firmware was updated to indicate float and time in minutes. Boost charge was added along with a few othe tweeks.

The CC has always had an AUX out-put for a trigger relay but you are right they did not want this system to be easily updated by internet or non-skilled folks.

No mine goes into float displayed on the screen and time in min. I bought it back in Aug 2009. So far so good!;) woo hoo 100th post!8)
  • Dave Angelini
    No mine goes into float displayed on the screen and time in min. I bought it back in Aug 2009. So far so good!;) woo hoo 100th post!8)

Good ! Did you turn on the scroll mode in the display menu?

• TheBackRoads
    Good ! Did you turn on the scroll mode in the display menu?

I have, but I kinda prefer to manually go through the info... I might have to look into setting up a relay setup w/ the Aux triggers again... it would be nice to be able to pull some stuff off the grid during the day when my batts are full.
  • sub3marathonman
    sub3marathonman Solar Expert Posts: 300 ✭✭✭

OK, here is another basic question about the XW MPPT60-150.

Is it possible for the end user to set the parameters for the unit to either first come on or the length of time between restart attempts. I think they have progressed from the 1.03 version I have, but it seems pretty complicated and I think you need to either buy or rent some special piece of equipment. I only need this one simple thing changed.

This morning it tried to restart 12 times between the time it first turns on and the time it stays on. This was over a period of about 20 minutes. Usually I have the breaker for the charger turned off, and then turn it on in the morning, but today I turned it on a bit early.
  • Dave Angelini
    OK, here is another basic question about the XW MPPT60-150.

Is it possible for the end user to set the parameters for the unit to either first come on or the length of time between restart attempts. I think they have progressed from the 1.03 version I have, but it seems pretty complicated and I think you need to either buy or rent some special piece of equipment. I only need this one simple thing changed.

This morning it tried to restart 12 times between the time it first turns on and the time it stays on. This was over a period of about 20 minutes. Usually I have the breaker for the charger turned off, and then turn it on in the morning, but today I turned it on a bit early.

Firmware 5 build # 6 improved the restarts but I could not convice them that it should have been more agressive. Just my opinion... You need the Xantrex configuration tool to do firmware or a dealer who will. It does take some basic computer skills.

• Joe_B
    Joe_B Solar Expert Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Firmware 5 build # 6 improved the restarts but I could not convice them that it should have been more agressive. Just my opinion... You need the Xantrex configuration tool to do firmware or a dealer who will. It does take some basic computer skills.

You can also upgrade the firmware with a gateway.