difference between a trojan t105 and t105re?

Options
spanel
spanel Solar Expert Posts: 36 ✭✭
I thought i found a retailer that could get the t105re's.. but when he got them in.. they are just the plain t105's.

What is the difference in the 2 and should I try to get the REs or are the 105's good enough?

Thanks!

Chris

Comments

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: difference between a trojan t105 and t105re?

Having looked at the specs on both, the only difference I see is that the RE designation is an acknowledgment by Trojan that the batteries are suitable for repeated discharge/recharge. And they've got a nice little predicted lifespan chart showing cycles (in thousands) vs. DOD.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,447 admin
    Options

The RE also has about 7% more lead (by weight) and possibly more electrolyte (reserve--taller case).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Joe_B
    Joe_B Solar Expert Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Also the RE types have lower S.G. 1.277 for standard stuff and 1.260 for RE types.
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Options

My mistake; I was comparing the T105 to T105+. The RE has 5 more lbs. of lead, more electrolyte, and lower SG as Bill & Joe said. This all makes sense for longer lifespan.

So check the invoice and battery dimensions carefully; make sure you get what you ordered - and paid for.
  • Seven
    Seven Solar Expert Posts: 292 ✭✭
    Options

I believe the OP is stating that a retailer he was at has the regular 105s in stock and he wants to know if they are good enough. I don't think he has purchased anything yet.
  • spanel
    Options
    Seven wrote: »
    I believe the OP is stating that a retailer he was at has the regular 105s in stock and he wants to know if they are good enough. I don't think he has purchased anything yet.

This is Correct.

Chris
  • spanel
    Options

The store has 2 T105's in stock... It will be 2 more weeks for the T105RE's...

I think im going to wait for the better batteries.

Chris
  • Joe_B
    Joe_B Solar Expert Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Get the RE's they use much less water.
  • Mangas
    Mangas Solar Expert Posts: 547 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I replaced my L16s' (2006 vintage) with the newer L16REBs' last year. Both sets have water miser caps.

So far, they are definitely using less water than the older design. Like the 105s', I believe they also have a lower SG.

The older ones always needed about 8 gallons every 3 months but the new version use 4-5 gallons or less.

Have no idea why.
    Ranch Off Grid System & Custom Home: 2 x pair stacked Schneider XW 5548+ Plus inverters (4), 2 x Schneider MPPT 80-600 Charge Controllers, 2 Xanbus AGS Generator Start and Air Extraction System Controllers, 64 Trojan L16 REB 6v 375 AH Flooded Cel Batteries w/Water Miser Caps, 44 x 185 Sharp Solar Panels, Cummins Onan RS20 KW Propane Water Cooled Genset, ICF Custom House Construction, all appliances, Central A/C, 2 x High Efficiency Variable Speed three ton Central A/C 220v compressors, 2 x Propane furnaces, 2 x Variable Speed Air Handlers, 2 x HD WiFi HVAC Zoned System Controllers