Highest bang for the buck AGMs

I dont care what size my bottom line is $ per amp hour. Which AGMs give the highest amp hours per dollar? Am couring the web and see some 8Ds that start to seem almost reasonable smaller sizes seem pricier - am willing to combine tiny batteries or have a huge one needs to be 12V or 6V. I dont care about brands or sales literature just that its an AGM and its cheap...

Comments

• Solar Guppy
    Solar Guppy Solar Expert Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭
    Re: Highest bang for the buck AGMs

Find a local battery shop, that's the best price option.
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Find a local battery shop, that's the best price option.

if you are thinking of the shipping costs then yes maybe.

do know that some smaller agms will be able to go out ups while the bigger ones may need to be freight shipped. a local battery place may offer a lower price because they got a better price on shipping for many batteries, but how that might compare with ups shipping of small ah batteries i am not sure.
  • Seven
    Seven Solar Expert Posts: 292 ✭✭

I believe that you really need to know your ah requirements first. Once you know that ,there will only be a couple of options. When i figured that i was going to need 370 ah of battery,i had three choices. It will help narrow it down. The rest is just simple math.
  • bmet
    bmet Solar Expert Posts: 630 ✭✭

I am more concerned about the amount of PV charging your battery bank. Since AGMs are much more expensive, you want to get as much life Out of them as possible. If your amount of panel doesn't meet charging minimums you're throwing your investment away.