XW system with 2 -80-600's Offgrid.

Dave Angelini
Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
Here is a link to one I have been working on.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/oOrRPyle1HVo6l3Z-O7jGA?feat=directlink

Bill,
For some reason there is someting on my controll panel that is making it difficult to post the pix directly. is there a link to where an old analog guy can get up to date? Thx!
"we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
   htps://offgridsolar1.com/
E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Re: XW system with 2 -80-600's Offgrid.

Hi Dave,

I have turned on "Show Enhanced (WYSIWYG) Editor Toolbar" for your account:

That editor setting is near the bottom of this USER CP page.

See if that makes things easier for you.

Note, with the WYSIWYG editor (what you see is what you get) in the upper right you will see a A/A button... That toggles between "pretty" (formatted) edit window and "raw code"--So you can see how some of the links/images are inserted.

There are several ways of posting pictures here...

You can insert a direct link to the photo on website using the "Yellow button with the mountain/sun image". Note I have substituted parens () for the proper square brackets in the IMG and /IMG link below:

(IMG)https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-gwRwusK-WFY/TgiWa_DtcAI/AAAAAAAABSI/djufiuT0zOc/s640/image002.jpg(/IMG)

image002.jpg

Or you can upload the photo from your desktop or from a link using the "Paper Clip". Puts the photos at the bottom of the post.

Hope I was clear (and helpful).

-Bill

PS: Sometimes you have to play with the "insert image" link... Different photo sites have different rules for which links are "legal" to insert in forums like this (the link may be to the picture, but the photo host "blocks" the picture, or you may need to make the photo public, etc.).

Also, uploads to forum are "permanent" (Hosted on Wind-Sun forum). The embedded links are only up as long as you and your host leave the content hosted on their site.
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thank-you Bill ! I 'll play with it later!
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• BB.

By the way--Wow--That looks really nice and clean!

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Solar Guppy
    Solar Guppy Solar Expert Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭

Bamboo flooring for the backer board is a first :roll:

Its a really clean looking whole house system!
  • Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Dave,

Very nice and clean install. Looks like a Root Cellar battery cave. Very nice. What batteries are used for this?

Guess that this must be off-grid, but a lotta solar input.

If you do not mind, what are the boxes on the wall, kinna recognize the MPPT 80 600 CCs, what is the rest?

73, Vic
    Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.
  • BB.

"Bat Cave" or "Man Cave" ? :p

-Bill
  • deacon
    deacon Solar Expert Posts: 33

Dang Dave,
    That is super clean. I would be embarrassed to post a picture of my setup. Mine looks like Hodge Podge Lodge.
    Nice Job.
  • jvcyclist
    jvcyclist Registered Users Posts: 11

I had to join this forum...since I saw that my system is being bandied about. Thanks for the complements...it IS still purty. The bamboo flooring was used for the ceiling of our off-grid house, and it looks very nice. And it worked out to be used in the power room (and closets, and a few other places...but the floor.;) Go figure).

The system is driven by two arrays, a tracker with 9 sanyo 215'ers, and a fixed with 16 Yingli 225s in two strings. Works a treat.

24 of the 2V surrettes. Our biggest demand is a 700 foot well with a 2hp pump...and that currently pulls (according to the Xantrex inverter) around 2.4KW. No problem.

Dave's been a terrific help!

Jim
  • BB.

Jim,

Welcome to the forum!

Dave does nice work and has been very helpful with his advice here.

You are lucky to have found him.

And if you are easy to work with and pay your bills, he is lucky to have found you! ;)

-Bill
  • jvcyclist
    jvcyclist Registered Users Posts: 11
    BB. wrote: »
    Jim,

Welcome to the forum!

Dave does nice work and has been very helpful with his advice here.

You are lucky to have found him.

And if you are easy to work with and pay your bills, he is lucky to have found you! ;)

-Bill

Thanks for the welcome, Bill. Nah, I am, no doubt, a pain in the tookus...I'm sure I over think, I over-paneled the fixed array, which needed an intervention from Dave...I suck. ;)

But he's patient, and has a LOT of good information.

Jim
  • Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Jim,

Yes, great looking installation. Thanks for the details of some of the hardware.

Very fine, indeed. Vic
    Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.