You think you got a bad deal ...

Cariboocoot
Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
A good ol' Canadian retailer is advertising some sale price RE energy bargains this week!

"Blue Planet" 600W wind turbine (looks suspiciously like an AirX) for only $599.99 and 15W solar panels (yes, fifteen Watt) for a mere $99.99. That's $6.67 per Watt - before our hideous 12% sales tax.

Kind of makes you real glad you shop around, doesn't it? :p

Comments

• waynefromnscanada
    waynefromnscanada Solar Expert Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: You think you got a bad deal ...

Sad thing is, they will sucker good folks in :grr
  • waynefromnscanada
    waynefromnscanada Solar Expert Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭✭

OH! Just received that flier! These same people suckered in a friend of mine real bad a few wks ago, now they're at it again. Canada wide :cry:
  • snuffy
    snuffy Solar Expert Posts: 72 ✭✭✭✭

I met some folks at a local fair recently. They had a booth representing the Sierra club. In their display were pictures of a wind generator they recently installed at their home. This was one of those big vertical ones. Probably 15 feet in diameter and 20 feet tall. It was mounted on a pole, the top of the generator being maybe 40 feet above ground level. It was in a field next to their home which was in a woods of tall hardwood trees. Like 80 feet plus trees. The prevailing winds are westerly and the wind generator was on the east side of the woods approximately 100 feet away from the edge of the woods. This thing had to cost them quite a few thousand bucks. They commented that the crane that was used to mount the thing only cost them $600. I thought to myself I could probably buy enough solar panels with $600 to produce in one year what that thing will produce in a year. I guess it impresses the neighbors though.