Chinese Solar PV company opens plant in Charlotte, NC

rollandelliott
rollandelliott Solar Expert Posts: 834 ✭✭
http://www.jetion.biz/en/our-company/movies

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/28474094/detail.html

This will be pretty cool it is only 5 minutes away from where I used to live. Maybe they can give a good price! LOL.

Though I think it is odd for a Chinese service company to set up a sales/service place in the USA.

Has anyone even heard of Jetion solar PV panels?

Comments

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Chinese Solar PV company opens plant in Charlotte, NC

hmm. interesting. maybe you can get some and give us the lowdown on them. they seem somewhat ok. they in one place said they had ul certification and left it out elsewhere and are not approved in california yet. i don't see any pricing either.
  • rollandelliott

their automatic robot assembly lines are pretty amazing hopefully they give plant tours, i'd love to see that in person.
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I saw the BP line in China that makes the 4175 mono's that I think Bill and I have.

Right out of Star Wars! Outside the plant it was extreme 3rd world. It isn't Kansas for sure!
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• bmet
    bmet Solar Expert Posts: 630 ✭✭
    Right out of Star Wars! Outside the plant it was extreme 3rd world. It isn't Kansas for sure!

Or outside the back gate of most Disney parks
  • Windsun
    Windsun Solar Expert Posts: 1,164 ✭✭

I can't find miuch info on the company, apparently most of their sales up to now have been in Europe.
  • niel

it says allot to me that they would put a facility in the u.s.. first is they are expanding to the u.s. market and secondly respect us enough to give us some jobs with a u.s. made product. we don't know too much about them for sure and maybe rollandelliot can visit them and do some digging there as the china site is very slow and may not give some of the info we'd like.

for those good with the stock markets maybe something can be found out there.
  • rollandelliott

called them this morning and they quoted me $1.60 per watt for us listed poly 240 wattt panels for a 10k system.

pretty good pricing!

they also have updated documents on their web site.
  • niel

so are you planning to purchase some and let us know how they are?;)
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

Remember not to turn this thread into an unpaid ad.

-Bill ;)
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • rollandelliott

I might buy some, still trying to figgure out the best value out there for my system.

There seems to be a lot of new start up companies on the East Coast.

Just found out about two more today.

Mage solar just got UL certification of it's modules 3 weeks ago
    http://web.magesolar.de/us/news/news/article/mage-solar-receives-ul-certification-for-its-us-produced-mage-powertec-plus-modules.html

they seem to sell direct as well and also offer a racking solution come this august.
    located in dublin, ga about 4 hours away.

also there is
    http://www.aqtsolar.com/products/technology/
    located in CA and their new plant in SC
    They make Solar Cells!, but not Crystaline ones, thin film cells.
    Yep, you read that right thin film the same size as crystaline cells, soldered together and made into a panel.
    Totally different from any thin film solution i've seen which is usually a huge panel.

So the good news is more competition means better consumer choice for anyone in the South East. And with companies like Jetion and Mage selling direct to the end user prices are coming down. I used to think $1.60 a watt was cheap, but now it seems average.
  • niel
    BB. wrote: »
    Remember not to turn this thread into an unpaid ad.

-Bill ;)

does reviewing pvs constitute an unpaid ad? i know with the price it can be borderline though, but i'll not crucify him for it when i asked.
  • rollandelliott

http://www.greentechmedia.com/articles/read/solar-summit-is-u.s.-pv-manufacturing-doomed-to-failure/

this article discusses us pv manufacturing and is pretty interesting to see all the new start ups.
  • niel

rollandelliot,
    would you like to put that last post into its own thread when it differs that greatly from the original or do you like jumping from one to another in the same thread? i know we moderators sidetracked a bit and threads do slip into other areas, but yours is out of the blue, isn't it? i'll let it go this time unless you'd like to make it another thread. been awhile since i've done that so i might be rusty.
  • Juram
    Juram Solar Expert Posts: 36

Mage is exciting. It's a German company providing a 30 year 80% output guarantee and the lowest Pmax I've seen for any multicrystalline panel thus far.

I might buy some, still trying to figgure out the best value out there for my system.

There seems to be a lot of new start up companies on the East Coast.

Just found out about two more today.

Mage solar just got UL certification of it's modules 3 weeks ago
    http://web.magesolar.de/us/news/news/article/mage-solar-receives-ul-certification-for-its-us-produced-mage-powertec-plus-modules.html

they seem to sell direct as well and also offer a racking solution come this august.
    located in dublin, ga about 4 hours away.

also there is
    http://www.aqtsolar.com/products/technology/
    located in CA and their new plant in SC
    They make Solar Cells!, but not Crystaline ones, thin film cells.
    Yep, you read that right thin film the same size as crystaline cells, soldered together and made into a panel.
    Totally different from any thin film solution i've seen which is usually a huge panel.

So the good news is more competition means better consumer choice for anyone in the South East. And with companies like Jetion and Mage selling direct to the end user prices are coming down. I used to think $1.60 a watt was cheap, but now it seems average.
  • rollandelliott

yeah they have pretty good specs and prices are fair. I spoke to this guy
    Jeff Dix
    (478 ) 998 3763
    (478 ) 609 6640 Office
    Jeff.Dix@magesolar.com

he's pretty knowledgable about their product if you have questions.

took me a couple of days to find out who to talk to.