Mixed Orientation on 5 Deg roof

Options
Batikikik
Batikikik Solar Expert Posts: 141 ✭✭✭✭✭
Mixing east and west orientataion on 3 deg roof.
Can you have one central inverter PV Powered PVP100kW with mixed orientated roofs ? Both has 3 deg tilt

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options
    Re: Mixed Orientation on 5 Deg roof!

The standard recommendation is one string inverter per orientation--How "different" is the setup (a few 10's of degrees or East/West setup?

The other issue I would ask about--What tilt are you planning on? 3 degrees is pretty flat for self cleaning... 5 degrees or more is the number I have heard that is better for shedding leaves and dirt (rain/wind).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Solar Guppy
    Solar Guppy Solar Expert Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Mixed Orientation on 5 Deg roof!

PV Powered wouldn't even be in my list of choices, they have less than 2 years into this size/class of inverters

http://download.sma.de/smaprosa/dateien/5713/SC100INOUT-DEN102320W.pdf

Sunny Central 100kw or the Xantrex 100kw would be the only units I would recommend, remember, YOUR company has to back the inverter for the commercial installation and warrant, repair and possible SLA the performance. Only Xantrex and SMA have the proven history of performance and the $$ to back the products

Commercial systems are NOT just residential systems that are larger, you need things like individual string monitors for performance monitoring.

And no, you don't mix orientations per tracking input of an inverter.
  • Batikikik
    Options
    Re: Mixed Orientation on 5 Deg roof

BB - Roof is corrugated metal roof and I am having hard time to find best racking and tilt option for that type of roof. There is e Schetller and S-5 but still I dont like it. Because I would love to have 10 or 12 deg. Do you have any recomandations ?
  • Batikikik
    Options

Here is attached photo of the roof
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options

No--Racking is why out of may area of expertise.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset