Thread Setting Help Required

REPO
REPO Registered Users Posts: 23
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate area to post help questions, but for whatever reason, when I go to a forum thread, it always lists the thread in newest post first, and scrolls down to the oldest post. So if a thread is 5 pages long, I have to go to page 5 first and work my way back.

Is there spot I can change this? I prefer the original post first, while continuing to work my way down.

Sorry if this is the wrong spot to post this!

Comments

• icarus
    icarus Solar Expert Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Thread Setting Help Required

I think in the "user control panel" you can set the preferences to display the posts in either order. I prefer new posts first, but that is because I tend to stay rather current.

Hope this helps.

T

Ps I just went there, and couldn't figure out how to do it,, perhaps Bill or "coot" knows...

T
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

As Tony says, it is in the User CP. Try this link:

http://forum.solar-electric.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

Thread Display Mode
    Here you can choose the display mode for threads. For a full explanation of the modes, please view this help page.
    Thread Display Mode:
    Can I change the order of posts?
    You have a choice over how you view threads. When you're in a thread, look at the top bar. On the right hand side you'll see 'Display Mode'. Click on this and it lets you change how posts are ordered.
    You have three choices:
    Linear Mode - posts are displayed chronologically, usually from oldest to newest. Posts are shown in a flat mode so that many posts can be viewed simultaneously. It is possible to change the ordering by changing your preferences in the User CP
    Threaded Mode - a tree is shown along with every post. This shows you the relationship each post has to the others. It's easy to see who responded to whom. Only one post is shown at a time. By clicking on a single post in the post tree, the page will show that post and all posts made in response to it.
    Hybrid Mode - This is a mixture of the linear and threaded modes. The post tree is displayed as in the threaded mode, but many posts are shown at the same time as in the linear modes.
    -Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • REPO
    REPO Registered Users Posts: 23

Awesome!

Please close or cancel this thread.

Thanks for the quick replies!
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

It's ok... We get these questions from time to time and others will probably need to read this too...

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset