What are you generating?

123457»

Comments

• drees
    drees Solar Expert Posts: 482 ✭✭✭
    Re: What are you generating?

I'd have to guess that the data got added together or something.

Your Fronius 5100 is specced at a max of 21.3A at 240V AC - 5100W so you shouldn't ever see anything more than that.
  • solar_dave
    solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭

Finally added the TED MTU for the new building running the 3 way split Friedrich mini split with 3 12k btu inside units.

http://www.friedrich.com/products/ModelOverview.php?model=M36TYF2

The orange line is the load from the new building. I think I am happy. Looks like 300 watts mostly with the compressor hit occasionally.
  • solar_dave

Oh I was wrong, the 300 watt number was with the 6 T32 light fixtures running, with the AC in ultra quiet fan mode it is more like 12 watts! :D with a less than 2 minute 1000 watt spike from the compressor every 20 - 25 minutes.
  • nvyseal
    nvyseal Solar Expert Posts: 108 ✭✭✭✭

What a wild and wet November we've had. Windy and cloudy also. I'm still putting out some fairly decent numbers on some good days, and some really terrible numbers on others. In the end, i think i'll break even (Being self sufficient) for the year. January I declare "Vampire month". Im going room to room unplugging unnecessary items, and there's a lot of them i see.

Happy Thanksgiving all who are in the US:D
  • mr.radon
    mr.radon Solar Expert Posts: 158 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cold wet rainy winter and spring here in Seattle.
    Here are the production numbers compared to PV Watts 1/2:

_____Actual Monthly Totals___PV Watts Predicted___
    179.99 kwh___Nov 2010 = 6.0__Nov = 7.9__237.38 kwh
    174.78 kwh___Dec 2010 = 5.6__Dec = 4.4__136.13 kwh
    188.82 kwh___Jan 2011 = 6.1__Jan = 6.0__185.18 kwh
    366.34 kwh___Feb 2011 =13.1__Feb =12.2__342.23 kwh
    602.07 kwh___Mar 2011 =19.4__Mar =22.2__688.05 kwh
    690.48 kwh___Apr 2011 =30.0__Apr =31.2__936.45 kwh

Overall I'm a little low, but given the nice weather forecast, I might be able to make the 246kwh in the last 7 days left in April. I'm well over 1,500kwh NET positive this year. and have almost produced 2,500kwh since I flipped the switch. :D
  • Peter_V
    Peter_V Solar Expert Posts: 226 ✭✭✭

Earlier this month my 3.4 kW array produced over 30 kWh on a couple days, recently the weather has been a little overcast at times so mostly around 27-29 kWh now.

Since it went only last June, my array has produced over 7 MWh and since last September (the month when the power company settles up on Net Metering)
    I've banked an excess of nearly 1.5 MWh.
    Hopefully I'll be able to get the new batteries for my truck in the next month or so and I can start eating into that surplus, otherwise I'll get about $50 for the surplus when we settle up this September.
  • nvyseal

Hi all!

Finally things are getting back to normal in SoCal. April was a wet cloudy month. Looks like production is almost back to normal for this time of month weather permitting. I finished last month generating only 796kWh. I was starting to think something was wrong with the system and maybe I had a panel out, but with the last 2 days I see all is well and i'm back to kicking out some good numbers 39kWh a day on the old 4.7 system. Lets just hope the clouds stay away, and it remains cool.
    may1.jpg 186.5K
  • solar_dave
    nvyseal wrote: »
    Hi all!

Finally things are getting back to normal in SoCal. April was a wet cloudy month. Looks like production is almost back to normal for this time of month weather permitting. I finished last month generating only 796kWh. I was starting to think something was wrong with the system and maybe I had a panel out, but with the last 2 days I see all is well and i'm back to kicking out some good numbers 39kWh a day on the old 4.7 system. Lets just hope the clouds stay away, and it remains cool.

Those sound like some great numbers out of a 4.7Kw set up. My 12.5 did over 100Kwh more than PV watts rating last month and we are on pace to exceed the expected output May, I just had a day just shy of 80 Kwh.
  • Ravs
    Ravs Registered Users Posts: 13

I hit a new high yesterday (5/3/2011) of 42 kwh on my 5.67 kw system. Looking formward to celebrating "Perpendicular Day" on May 10th at solar noon.
  • Jburgess
    Jburgess Solar Expert Posts: 130 ✭✭✭

Got my new panels hooked up and did 85 KWh yesterday with my now 13 KW system. Looking forward to banking some KWh this summer to use in the winter.
  • solar_dave
    Jburgess wrote: »
    Got my new panels hooked up and did 85 KWh yesterday with my now 13 KW system. Looking forward to banking some KWh this summer to use in the winter.

holly molly bank in summer! IN AZ, YOU ARE A CRAZY DUDE!

I today got my April bill, Pay nothing this year so far, still with a ($68 ) credit balance, 2500 kWh in my on peak bank. This has been a good year so far. Me likes pay nothing at all so far this year.
  • ArizonaEngineer
    ArizonaEngineer Registered Users Posts: 10

Dave,

Does APS charge fees for transmission, etc. when your net generating for the month?
  • solar_dave
    Dave,

Does APS charge fees for transmission, etc. when your net generating for the month?

here is a typical net zero bill:

Cost of net electricity
    Basic service charge $7.14
    Delivery service charge $0.00
    Environmental benefits surcharge $0.00
    Federal environmental improvement surcharge $0.00
    System benefits charge $0.00
    Power supply adjustment* $0.00
    Metering* $5.58
    Meter reading* $1.86
    Billing* $2.10
    Generation of electricity on-peak* $0.00
    Generation of electricity off-peak* $1.77
    Transmission and ancillary services* $0.00
    Transmission cost adjustment* $0.00
    Cost of electricity you used $18.45

Taxes and fees
    Regulatory assessment $0.06
    State sales tax $1.25
    County sales tax $0.13
    City sales tax $0.42
    Franchise fee $0.37
    Cost of electricity with taxes and fees $20.68
    Total charges for electricity services $20.68
  • nvyseal

Record breaking day. I hit 41kwh generated today, and for the month didnt do to bad at all 920kwh. not the best (July- 1036 kwh) but i'll take it :)

One day i should put my stuff in my sig if i can ever figure out how
  • SkiDoo55
    SkiDoo55 Solar Expert Posts: 414 ✭✭✭

Wish we gould get out of Feb/Mar weather in N CA. Heavy rain today only 11.6 kWh. 30.8 kWh last sunday.
    This month Net Meter bill
    $3.85 Distribution
    $0.19 Public Purpose programs
    $0.01 Nuclear Decommissioning
    $0.68 Generation
    Total $4.73 due last month
    Generated 181 kWh more than consumed Total Net 1,588 kWh (since 08/10/10)last bill to date 1432 on the clock that I owe for. See what happens between now and Aug 10th, if we ever get more than 1-2 days in a row that is full sun. My original figures suggest I should produce 75% of average consumption with current system. Next phase will be to install another 4600 W of panels with another GT3.8 Zantrex Inverter. Want to see what happens on the true up and any law changes between now and then.
    Have 5.2 MWh on the inverter meter for it's production.

Has been a very wet and cloudy winter/spring for us here. Need the water after several years of drought so I guess it's not all bad.
    GT3.8 w/4600W Trina 230W, TX5000 w/5000W ET-250W, XW4024 w/1500W ET-250W, 4 L16, 5500W Gen. (never had to use) Yet!!
  • solar_dave

Completely impressed so far this year, Just got the May bill and still a $50 credit from the last years excess with a $20 bill each month (mostly fees, right to connect, meter reading and taxes). Added over 300 kWh in May to the on peak bank which is impressive since the temps have hit over 100F a few times, AC set @ 78F with no setbacks, 24X7 run times.

Almost 2900kWh in the on peak bank, and still only buying about $2 off peak each month out of the credit pool. Been Volt charging off peak but if the June bill comes in with any excess on the on peak we will be moving that to day time charging. The swimming pool is running in the on peak time frame, 4 hours a day. Will have the new adjustable controller in by the end of the month so the VFD pump can run full speed for 1 hour for in floor cleaning and 3 hours of slow speed for mixing and filtration. DE filter is the cat's arse!

Now seriously considering changing rate plan to the noon to 7PM peak from the 9AM to 9PM peak rate TOU plan. Will know better once we hit full blast cooling season this Month. I made way to many changes to improve the loads in the last 12 months to estimate the results. It would be an interesting question to APS if the current on-peak bank would transfer. If not then will have to wait till Jan 1. to change.
  • Ralph Day
    Ralph Day Solar Expert Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭✭

It's been 1 calendar year since my 10kw grid tie went on line (see signature). For my location we can expect 1200kwhrs/kwof pv installed in one year. We have 12kw of pv x 1200 = 14400kwhrs. From June 28 2010 to June 28 2011 we harvested 16070kwhrs (slightly less than the En;phase registered...but 16070 is what we get paid on). Not bad.

Ralph
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin

Good afternoon all

Sytem installed in March here in Lasalle Ontario Canada. 4.6kw DC 3.8kw AC
    20 UE solar 230w panels with M190 Enphase
    Most that I generated in one day in June was 33kw, it was a perfect clear day.
    Max output on clear day 3960 watts.

Panels facing 140 degrees SE at 45degree angle
    I start loosing max output at about 3pm in Summer and achieve max by 10:30am. Will have to see how I actually do in fall and winter months. Not looking forward to that.

http://enlighten.enphaseenergy.com/public/systems/y3wc14604
  • The Only Sarge
    The Only Sarge Solar Expert Posts: 164 ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel inadequate.
    I make about 500w per hour (average) over a 7-8 hour period most days.
    But remember...it is not how much wattage you got it is how you use it.;)
  • System2

good day all, new to forum and the proud new owner of 10.34 kw grid tie system out on the east coast living on long island ny. system was installed june 21 switch thrown @ 6pm eastern but was still able to produce 1 kwh for the day, next 3 days was nasty rain but its been clear since. after 1 full week i have made 267 kwh with the best day being 62 kwh on monday 6/27. system consists of 44 yingli 235s w/ fronius ig + 10.01
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

Congratulations "burnunit"--Just watch for shading (growing greenery) and fast moving objects (kids with sticks and rocks, etc.).

And enjoy quiet power.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • solar_dave

Another wonderful month!
    Your online APS e-bill has arrived for Account #: ****xxxxxx; however there is no balance due at this time.
    hehe still have a $20 credit balance. ;)

OK so this month the underlying charges were $30 off the credit balance. Interestingly we have been pushing load to off peak in an effort to conserve on-peak.

WE WENT to FAR!

The on peak bank of kWh went from 2808 to 2806! so we pretty much generated all our on-peak needs and bought $10 of off peak generation. That is most probably the Volt getting charged. Me thinks it is time to burn some more on-peak, sacrilege!
  • System2

My 10 year old 3120 watt system is putting out about 2300 watts peak on a 95 degree day with sun all day. Thats over 20% loss. On the other hand I'll see spikes up to 3200 watts on a cool cloudy day. On a day like today (sun all day and over 95 degrees) I'll get about 18.8 Kwh. What do you guys think?