Where to buy Solar panels & inverter from?

rollandelliott
rollandelliott Solar Expert Posts: 834 ✭✭
I've seen sunelec.com mentioned frequently as a good supplier with good prices. Any other recommendations?

I'm looking to buy traditional Solar panels (NOT thin film) from a reliable manufacturer that I think will be around in 25 years, that also has a USA office incase I need warranty coverage. BP, Sharp, Kyrocera, Mitsibushi, Dow, etc.

I've looked at panels from Canadian solar, and they have good reviews, but their warranty is pathetic. Panels need to be shipped to China?!? that makes it totally uneconomical to file a warratny claim.

I live near Charlotte, NC if that makes a difference. this would be for a grid tied system.

Comments

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Re: Where to buy Solar panels & inverter from?

Start with the host of this forum, Northern Arizona Wind and Sun (NAWS):

http://www.solar-electric.com/

And a precautionary note to other posters to please avoid posting links to competitor's sites. They will be removed. It isn't fair that NAWS should foot the bill for someone else's advertising.
  • JESSICA
    JESSICA Solar Expert Posts: 289 ✭✭
    Start with the host of this forum, Northern Arizona Wind and Sun (NAWS):

http://www.solar-electric.com/

And a precautionary note to other posters to please avoid posting links to competitor's sites. They will be removed. It isn't fair that NAWS should foot the bill for someone else's advertising.

I agree.

Nevertheless, this one should stay: No matter where you finally buy, DO NOT buy at AltE. Trust me, please.
  • rollandelliott
    rollandelliott Solar Expert Posts: 834 ✭✭

Private messages are fine with me.
  • jagec
    jagec Solar Expert Posts: 157 ✭✭

It's worth mentioning that while the site that you mentioned is very affordable, and they've been around for a while, many of their panels are "B"-grade, and/or non-UL listed. Nothing wrong with that if you know what you're getting into, but you'll want to double- and triple-check that UL listing if you want to grid-tie.
  • soleil
    soleil Solar Expert Posts: 45

I've received nothing but excellent service from Northern Arizona Wind and Sun, and would highly recommend them.
  • arkieoscar
    arkieoscar Solar Expert Posts: 101 ✭✭

I've bought from both and if I am putting any kind of system together, I'll use NAWS every time. The little I can save from others is not worth the hassle. I have always gotten knowledgeable, competent help from NAWS.
  • wsulecki
    wsulecki Registered Users Posts: 1

I'll second sun-electric, they supplied my system here in florida 5 months ago.