Whatever Happened to Global Warming?

Horus
Horus Registered Users Posts: 24
Really funny video highlighting the difference between weather and global climate change.

http://envirogy.ca/2011/01/12/whatever-happened-to-global-warming/

Comments

• solar_dave
    solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Whatever Happened to Global Warming?

LMAO so true;););)
  • westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭

one better from same site

http://envirogy.ca/2011/01/12/whatever-happened-to-global-warming/

an almost clean Carlin monologue

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

hmmm. i guess enough people gave it the cold shoulder?:confused::p:p
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin

It got FAT and left office.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

CB, we really try not to too far down the pure politics in the forum.

-Bill "Moderator" B.
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • russ
    russ Solar Expert Posts: 593 ✭✭

Winter is warmer than normal here - no real winter yet though we have about a month and a half left for it to arrive.

Last winter was warmer than normal as well.

Russ
  • waynefromnscanada
    waynefromnscanada Solar Expert Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭✭
    russ wrote: »
    Winter is warmer than normal here - no real winter yet though we have about a month and a half left for it to arrive.

Last winter was warmer than normal as well.

Russ

Same here in Nova Scotia. Far warmer than usual, huge reduction in our heating bills this winter. Yes, recently we've had some snow, but here it is mid January and the coldest temps we've had was one night of -10C. "Normal" would be quite a few days of of at least -20C by now. Typical of this year, last night was -5C, while normal average is -10C. And although lower heating bills are great, all is not good. Over the last 10 years we've had insect pests to deal with that would never survive our traditional winters, thrive and are destroying vast areas of our forests, and presenting us with diseases we never had to deal with before, brought in by insects that now survive our warmer winters.
    Our climate has definitely changed, especially over the last decade. Winter for us, isn't winter any more.
  • Ralph Day
    Ralph Day Solar Expert Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭✭

No Wayne, it's the monsoon season!

Ralph
  • waynefromnscanada
    Ralph Day wrote: »
    No Wayne, it's the monsoon season!

Ralph

Monsoon is right! Here in the Atlantic Provinces we've had unprecedented heavy rains and a lot of damage from flooding, roads washed out, villages isolated by flooding and washouts, when normally we'd be having winter and snow. Even my diversion dam was partly washed away by huge torrents. Thought I'd be screwed till Summer, but the weather was mild enough that once the flooding subsided, I was able to make temporary repairs that hopefully will see me through the rest of this so-called Winter.
  • niel

if it's winter you want, i'd be happy if you took it away from me.
  • phred01
    phred01 Solar Expert Posts: 35
    Monsoon is right!
    Here in Australia the monsoon has intensified right down to 38 deg(lat). Water water everywhere by not a drop to drink. This is a direct result of global warming years of drought and now the biggest wet with more to come,
  • nsaspook
    nsaspook Solar Expert Posts: 396 ✭✭✭
    phred01 wrote: »
    Here in Australia the monsoon has intensified right down to 38 deg(lat). Water water everywhere by not a drop to drink. This is a direct result of global warming years of drought and now the biggest wet with more to come,

Sure, http://www.bom.gov.au/hydro/flood/qld/fld_history/brisbane_history.shtml

The Brisbane/Queensland area seems to be flood prone long before any thought of "Global Warming".
  • niel

let's keep it uncontroversial and unargumentative shall we as we've had enough of that already in the upper sections? it was posted with humor in mind.
  • waynefromnscanada
    phred01 wrote: »

Obviously major upheavals world wide. Been seeing the news out of Australia and thinking there but the grace of God, go us!
    We wish you safety and the ability to get back on your feet when the flooding subsides.
  • russ
    russ Solar Expert Posts: 593 ✭✭

Actually the Austraşian flooding is a La Niña affected event. No how much climate change has affected La Niña - who knows.