Grundfos SQF repair?

electricsailor
electricsailor Registered Users Posts: 4
The Grundfos repair stations say this cannot be repaired, and must be repaced. Not likey I'll ever buy another as it is just out of warranty. The service number for Grundfos has a recording that says something like, "call a repair dealer as per our web site.", and then hangs up on me! An email to them got the same responce. Can anyone point me towards a shop that can work on this, or give me advice on how to do it myself?

Comments

• Windsun
    Windsun Solar Expert Posts: 1,164 ✭✭
    Re: Grundfos SQF repair?

Where are you located at?
  • electric guy
    electric guy Registered Users Posts: 2
    Grundfos CU200 control

I saw the post about the unit showing tank full and still pumping. Since I have never seen this before and I install these a lot I'm at a loss of what to do about the old software problem My own unit is more then 5 years old I'm sure they will not replace it..... So what can be done. It's been doing this for about 6 months and it's a big pain. I'm new here and hope I can help someone out. Thanks.
  • electric guy
    electric guy Registered Users Posts: 2
    Re: Grundfos SQF repair?

I'm a installer and these pumps work great but the customer service is not good. I have had a few problems and they have been on my own system. Sand got in the cavity of the rotor and jammed the shaft and burned it out. they want more for the motor the the complete pump????? I put a sand shroud over the new pump made from a PVC pipe. It would be nice if they would address this. Now dealing with the pump pumping with light showing tank full........ something about old software???? So what can we do?
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Re: Grundfos CU200 control

I think this is the thread you are talking about?

Grundfos CU 200 and pump doesn't shut off

If your problem is similar (running direct from solar panels, unstable power confuses pump/controller communications), I would bet that Grundfos would work with you on fixing the problem.

Otherwise, from the manual:
    12.Pump does not stop
    when water reservoir
    is full.
    Fault indicator light
    on CU 200 is off.
    Level switch is dirty or
    defective.
    • Clean or replace the level switch.
    Cable on level switch is
    damaged.
    • Replace the cable.

13.Pump does not stop
    when water reservoir
    is full.
    Fault indicator light
    on CU 200 is on.
    • CU 200 is defective.
    • Replace the CU 200.

14.Pump does not start
    when water reservoir
    is empty.
    Water reservoir indicator
    is on.
    Level switch is defective.
    • Replace the level switch.
    Cable on level switch is
    damaged.
    • Replace the cable.
    CU 200 is defective. • Replace the CU 200.

Good luck,
    -Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Re: Grundfos CU200 control

By the way, I moved these both into one thread--I think it will be to follow the discussion.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset