New twist for nanopillar light collectors

Options
notsobright
notsobright Solar Expert Posts: 247 ✭✭
Big News Today!

http://www.rdmag.com/News/2010/11/Materials-Nanotechnology-New-Twist-For-Nanopillar-Light-Collectors/

"using less than half the semiconductor material required for thin-film solar cells made of compound semiconductors"

I doubt the retail pricing if it makes it to retail sales will be half as much though but still good news.

Ive recently run across the R&D site, its great stuff! be sure to click on the solar energy section for more cutting edge developments.

EDIT: on 2nd thought, this post probably belongs in the advanced section? my bad. mods please feel free to move it.

Comments

• notsobright
    Options
    Re: New twist for nanopillar light collectors

yeah uhh, this isnt even available yet as a product.

I just noticed the "For non-technical discussion of all types of solar and renewable energy" part and thought it might need to be moved.

so it gets moved here?
    "Solar & Renewable Energy Products - Reviews, Opinions, Product Questions"

LOL

Im gonna have to take a guess here.. OK Niel ;-)
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

thought it might be better in the other, but it really isn't that concerning to me so i put it back for you. it isn't that big of a deal now is it?
    if you have a problem pm me and i'll discuss it with you.
  • notsobright
    Options
    niel wrote: »
    thought it might be better in the other, but it really isn't that concerning to me so i put it back for you. it isn't that big of a deal now is it?
    if you have a problem pm me and i'll discuss it with you.

I think it might be or I wouldnt have linked it. unless you mean moving the thread.. nah

thanks anyway