solar air conditioning

Options
I have masterflux d/c powered compressors avialable to build your own solar powered air condition email me

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,447 admin
    Options
    Re: solar air conditioning

Harold,

We do not allow advertising on the forum... But since you have brought up an issue that as been discussed quite a bit here--How about some background on:

www.masterflux.com

What would it take for somebody to build a 10,000 BTU 24 or 48 volt based AC system from the kit components...

Why your product vs just purchasing a product like the Sanyo Mini-Split?

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • techntrek
    techntrek Solar Expert Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭
    Options

And, what would the approximate SEER be?
    4.5 kw APC UPS powered by a Prius, 12 kw Generac, Honda EU3000is
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,749 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And can it's output be limited by the user? This really was the profound revelation to me of the sanyo mini split!

One of my users has dreams at night that the MPPV of their solar is the same DC as the sanyo runs on after the ACV input is inverted...
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• LucMan
    LucMan Solar Expert Posts: 223 ✭✭✭
    Options
    BB. wrote: »
    Harold,

We do not allow advertising on the forum... But since you have brought up an issue that as been discussed quite a bit here--How about some background on:

www.masterflux.com

What would it take for somebody to build a 10,000 BTU 24 or 48 volt based AC system from the kit components...

Why your product vs just purchasing a product like the Sanyo Mini-Split?

-Bill
    Not really for an a/c application.
    Looks like you would need 3 of the condensing units for a 10K system as they are only 3300 btu each.
    They look like (refrigeration) or a/c condensing units made for electric cars. You won't find SEER ratings on these. And the entire a/c system would have to purchased seperately, try finding a 3300 BTU blower unit for A/C.
    Great unit for making a solar powered refrigerator though!
  • AntronX
    AntronX Solar Expert Posts: 462 ✭✭
    Options

They got some compressors in 35K BTU range. Look at Alpine model range on their site. Since these use permanent magnet "brushless DC" motors, they can run efficiently at wide speed range.

I would really like to run one of these compressors direcly from solar PV without battery, hooked up to central air system as an auxiliary "helper" unit. This way, no batteries to wear, no grid-tie to worry about, and it runs mostly when needed. It can be ovesized and excess cold can be used to chill or freeze water, in effect giving you cold storage for night time or rainy days.

I was looking at their prices, and kinda could not justify dropping $800 for 12V car sized unit to install in my car. I do want to power my car A.C. from separate DC motor.