Simple question on read out on controller

dlone
dlone Registered Users Posts: 15
I have a Outback FlexMax 80,with 1k array. My question is why done I see my array putting out like I thought it would. Most I've seen is .780 usually runs around .500
I have 2 strings of 5 in series. Voc is 106v on each.
LS 100
PM 100w
Vmp18v
Imp 5.55a
Vov21.24
100v max
Max temp 110
Lowest temp -20

Comments

• dlone
    Re: Simple question on read out on controller

I've double checked connections,could it be the angle of the array? Even though its putting out expected voltage? Wire is sized bigger than needed too.
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

what angle do you have and is it pointed south? what is your location?
    are the pvs dirty?

i do agree with you that something doesn't seem quite right. are the pvs getting any shading even from a small overhead wire? at the pvs' rated imp current even at a nominal 12v each panel (not mpp) it would seem to deliver 5.55a x 60v x 2strings = 666w or .666kw.
  • dlone

Close thread ,got my answer back from Outback. Batteries are fairly charged,reason for low reading. Thanks anyway.
  • dlone
    niel wrote: »
    what angle do you have and is it pointed south? what is your location?
    are the pvs dirty?

i do agree with you that something doesn't seem quite right. are the pvs getting any shading even from a small overhead wire? at the pvs' rated imp current even at a nominal 12v each panel (not mpp) it would seem to deliver 5.55a x 60v x 2strings = 666w or .666kw.

Panels are facing dew south on a 35degree incline,panels are clean. Outback called and said its normal for the controller to read a lower wattage as the batteries get charged. Makes since,being the reading is always higher in the morning and dropps as the day goes on. I was thinking it was reading my array wattage.(wrong) Controller is regulating the way its suppose to,according to Outback.
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

ok. i guess i made an assumption here that the batteries needed bulk charged and were most of the way charged to begin with. i guess i shouldn't assume and i'm sure you are relieved.