XW Config Tool Problem-HELP!!!

John XW NY
John XW NY Solar Expert Posts: 50 ✭✭✭✭
Hey Guys,

I need help I hooked up my XW Tool and started to upgrade my firmware . I turned off my inverter loads and when I tried to turn them on again it failed to run.
The system otherwise appears to be working charging the batteries but it isn't running loads at all. The SCP interface changed the XW 4024 setting to Inv Chg 00.
Obviously I screwed something up. I will need to speak with Xantrex support tomorrow to get this fixed . I know they are very helpful. Anybody have any ideas what happened and what to do to fix it. Much appreciated. John XW

Comments

• Solar Guppy
    Solar Guppy Solar Expert Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭
    Re: XW Config Tool Problem-HELP!!!

Just use the config tool to turn in to run mode, programing it puts it on standby
  • John XW NY

Sg,

i tried that and it did not work. The menu on the scp changed and it shows the battery level but no load level meter thingy. Im gonna get in touch tomorrow with xantrex.. Dang it!!!
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

This is not suppose to happen. Where did you get the tool? You should be able to go back to last configuration???
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• John XW NY

Ok Guys Digg This!!!!!!

I ACCIDENTALLY DOWNLOADED THE WRONG FIRMWARE WITH THE XW TOOL. i CONTACT XANTREX AND THEY TRIED TO HELP ME GET MY SYSTEM BACK. THEY SENT ME A NEW BOARD AND I REPLACED IT AND NOW MY SYSTEM IS WORKING FINE AGAIN.

IF YOU USE THE XW TOOL BE VERY CAREFUL UPGRADING BECAUSE IF YOU DOWNLOAD THE WRONG FIRMWARE YOUR SYSTEM WILL NOT BE ABLE TO IDENTIFY IT AND YOUR SYSTEM WILL NOT RUN AT ALL!!!!!
    LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE OR YOU WILL BE SORRY!!!!
    I FEEL LIKE AN IDIOT BUT XANTERX SOFTWARE SHOULD PROTECT AGAINST THIS FROM HAPPENING!!

XANTREX WAS VERY FAIR WITH ME AND DID NOT CHARGE ME FOR REPAIRING.
    THANK GOD!!

I JUST WANT YOU XW GUYS TO KNOW BE CAREFUL WITH THE XW TOOL!!

JAH LUV JD
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If you had first saved the configuration, you would have been able to revert back in most cases. Glad that all is well!
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net