Best method of mounting kaneka gsa-60 to roof rack on mini van

Options
rmay635703
rmay635703 Registered Users Posts: 7
I am curious what the best method of mounting a very fragile Kaneka GSA-60 to the roofrack of my mini van would be.

It appears to be quite flimsy in construction so I am wanting to use several strips of high density foam between the panel back and the roof of the van to both evenly support its weight and to damped bouncing around. I am afraid it will overheat in those areas though.

I also don't care for the aluminum mounting system on the panel and am curious if it can be removed easily, as I would like to embed the edges in high density foam as well to reduce the possibility of breakage.

Anyone ever make a solar battery maintainer before on an electric vehicle? I have seen several electrics with panels but never any real detail on how they mounted them safely and securely.

I assume the methods would be similar to those used on an RV.

Thanx
Ryan

Comments

• solarvic
    solarvic Solar Expert Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Best method of mounting kaneka gsa-60 to roof rack on mini van

Doesn,t sound like a good solar panel to use for that purpose. Too large and flimsy for the amount of power they generate. Better to get a 135 watt Kyocero that doesn,t take up any more space and is a lot more rugged. S:Dlarvic
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Best method of mounting kaneka gsa-60 to roof rack on mini van

adding foam to the back of a pv will cause heat to build up very quickly and heat is not a good thing for any pv.