Another wire size question/2 modules/Enphase

HI

I am adding to my grid-tie system. My wife has approved me to use part of my backyard to put up a mini-tracker. I am using an old c-band satellite dish that I have reconfigured into a seasonally adjustable-single axis tracker. I will have 2x220 watt poly modules into an Enphase D380 inverter. The run will be about 60 feet to the breaker box.

What I can work out myself is 400watt AC max output/240v=1.66Amp x safety factor 1.25= 2.08 Amp

Wire will be buried in pvc conduit part of the way and above ground in pvc the rest

Thanks

Comments

• Peter_V
    Peter_V Solar Expert Posts: 226 ✭✭✭
    Re: Another wire size question/2 modules/Enphase
    heynow999 wrote: »
    HI

I am adding to my grid-tie system. My wife has approved me to use part of my backyard to put up a mini-tracker. I am using an old c-band satellite dish that I have reconfigured into a seasonally adjustable-single axis tracker. I will have 2x220 watt poly modules into an Enphase D380 inverter. The run will be about 60 feet to the breaker box.

What I can work out myself is 400watt AC max output/240v=1.66Amp x safety factor 1.25= 2.08 Amp

Wire will be buried in pvc conduit part of the way and above ground in pvc the rest

Thanks

I may be wrong, but I believe that AWG 12 is the minimum wire size that the NEC allows for solar wiring. That will be more than adequate for your use, in fact it would be able to handle 7 x as many panels/inverters