eBike Options

Options
Anybody have an electric bicycle that they charge (at least some of the time) with solar panels? I could use my existing landscape lighting system (12V) but I would have to use an inverter to use the standard 120 VAC charger that they usually use. Has anybody gone directly from solar panels to a charge controller to the bike battery?

TIA,
tsp

Comments

• nigtomdaw
    nigtomdaw Solar Expert Posts: 705 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: eBike Options

I can,t see a problem in charging you cycle direct from your solar panels with the correct charge controller. It would help if you listed exactly what solar panels you have the capacity and type of battery fitted to you cycle ie Lead Acid, Gel, Nicad and what sort of charge controller you are currently using. Then other forum members will be better equipped and advise you on the best charge controller to meet your needs.

HTH
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin
    Options
    Re: eBike Options

I don't have an ebike yet. I'm willing to go with a bike that has a good solar solution worked out. Also I am will to set up a "charging station" at home for the bike. Otherwise I'll upgrade what I have for outdoor lighting to also charge the bike.

tsp