1soltech PV panels?

thehardway
thehardway Solar Expert Posts: 56 ✭✭✭✭
Does anyone have any experience with PV panels made by 1Soltech? supposed to be 100% US made in Texas. What is the good, the bad, and the ugly?

Comments

• JP_A
    JP_A Registered Users Posts: 1
    Re: 1soltech PV panels?
    thehardway wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experience with PV panels made by 1Soltech? supposed to be 100% US made in Texas. What is the good, the bad, and the ugly?

I have some black panels installed next to some from another manufacturer without the black back sheet. The 1SolTech panels are rated at 250W but underperform significantly compared to the 240W white background panels. I would avoid the all black color panels at all cost. They do not perform to specifications and I am trying to get the panels replaced under warranty.
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

jp_a,
    this is interesting as you are the 2nd person to say that black backed pvs are not performing.
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    niel wrote: »
    jp_a,
    this is interesting as you are the 2nd person to say that black backed pvs are not performing.

Yes, an in order to know what's really going on you'd have to have the same company making the same panel with a choice of black or white backing to make a fair comparison. Otherwise it could just be that the companies making black-back panels aren't making good panels and the backing isn't the determining factor.