XW only works during the daytime

13»

Comments

• Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: XW only works during the daytime

Yo Chad,

You have not posted for a while. We are curious how hou are doing, and what you have found. Good Luck, TIA for any additional info that you can provide. Vic
    Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.
  • Cpfarr
    Cpfarr Registered Users Posts: 19 ✭✭

Well I'm back, we seem to have narrowed our problem down to my mis wiring the battery bank's parallel connection between two of the strings and a bad battery in the third string. All that combined caused all the problems I was having. I corrected my wiring on the two strings and everything is working great. Were using around 4 kWh's per day right now but I expect that to grow to about 8. Just for kicks we ran laundry all day beginning of the week now that all the rain has passed and we put out around 12 kWh! Made my whole month!

I've been dealing with Rolls on the bad battery issue and they believe it is a bad internal connection of some sort. They have been great. I still have to fill out the form and I'm told they will be taking care of getting me a replacement.

I really want to thank all you guys for all your help this past month, you've all been great!

I'll let you all know how it goes with the replacement battery once I finish the form and hear back from Rolls.

Chad
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

Wonderful news! :D

Any hints for the next guy wiring up a system like yours and what to watch out for?

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Cpfarr
    Cpfarr Registered Users Posts: 19 ✭✭

Yes Bill,

Read all the threads and look at all the diagrams you can on proper battery bank wiring! Also when you take delivery of your batteries take the time to check the voltage of each battery.

Chad