Wood-fired boiler DC circulation pump options

JR HillJR Hill Registered Users Posts: 12
I am researching wood furnace options that can operate on DC power inputs. Are there any successful DC furnace experiences/recommendations out there? Does anyone know of a DC equivalent to the Taco 007 Series circulation pumps running on DC?

Thx in advance,
JR

Comments

• BB.BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 31,090 admin
    Re: Wood-fired boiler DC circulation pump options

I think this is the ultimate interesting project for a solar heated shed that I have seen... Including the step by step installs (and goofs). He uses DC solar panel powered circulating pumps and (still?) sells his own DC powered thermal controller.

Also a nice large radient heat, bit more low tech home made heating system. Also very interesting and informative (AC pumps).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • icarusicarus Solar Expert Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭✭
  • JamesJames Solar Expert Posts: 246 ✭✭

be sure to check the pump temp ratings when evaluating
  • solarvicsolarvic Solar Expert Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭✭
    JR Hill wrote: »
    I am researching wood furnace options that can operate on DC power inputs. Are there any successful DC furnace experiences/recommendations out there? Does anyone know of a DC equivalent to the Taco 007 Series circulation pumps running on DC?

Thx in advance,
    JR
    Google el-sid pumps. There are many solar dealers that have them for sale. I checked our host and they don,t have them listed. There is an amish not too far from me that has a Central Boiler outside wood furnace and I was wondering how he makes it work since they don,t use electric. Think I might stop and ask him. Also Homepower magazine had an article on them. ::Dsolarvic:D
  • JR HillJR Hill Registered Users Posts: 12

Thx all,

Though expensive, the Laing DC Solar Pump seems to be the best option for anybody else that is interested.

Best,
    JRH