Xantrex / Schneider GT sizing tool is missing

Options
The Xantrex GT inverter sizing tool looks like it has gone offline. It has been down for several days now. I tried the new link going in from the Energy Club website at Schneider Electric, but that doesn't work either.

Anyone know the proper link?

Thanks - AJB

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options
    Re: Xantrex / Schneider GT sizing tool is missing

It is a terrible website--but Schneider Electric's XW and TR inverter website (aka Xantrex stuff) appears to be here:

Schneider Renewable Energy Systems

XW MPPT Charger String Sizing Tool

Note: The Sizing Tool link is to the Tool Itself, not to the the frame/container for Schneider stuff... (I have stripped all of the additional frame/template stuff).

Please let me know if the link works for you.

The website is a software marvel of hierarchy and context sensitive links... In other words--just about useless and impossible to clip links from and send to your friends (great to send nonsense to your enemies). :roll::cry::grr

-Bill

PS: Here is the "real link" to the string sizing page--But you cannot get there from here:
    http://www.schneider-electric.com/sites/corporate/en/products-services/renewable-energies/products-offer/range-presentation.page?c_filepath=/templatedata/Offer_Presentation/3_Range_Datasheet/data/en/shared/renewable_energies/xantrex_xw.xml&f=F13%3ARenewable%20Energies~!NNM1:Solar+Backup+and+Off-Grid+Systems~!NNM2:Backup+and+Off-Grid+Systems~!NNM3:Xantrex+XW#

Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • SkiDoo55
    SkiDoo55 Solar Expert Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    Options

Link to the XW sizing works.
    Went thru the steps on the Schneider Electric's site to get to the GT Zantrex Sizing tool. It is working! Lots of steps to get there have to drill down to the Zantrex single phase GT inverter to get to it.
    GT3.8 w/4600W Trina 230W, TX5000 w/5000W ET-250W, XW4024 w/1500W ET-250W, 4 L16, 5500W Gen. (never had to use) Yet!!
  • aj164
    aj164 Solar Expert Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
    Options
    SkiDoo55 wrote: »
    Link to the XW sizing works.
    Went thru the steps on the Schneider Electric's site to get to the GT Zantrex Sizing tool. It is working! Lots of steps to get there have to drill down to the Zantrex single phase GT inverter to get to it.

I could not get there. XW is working OK, but GT is impossible to find. I did go to the single-phase GT page. When I click on 'sizing tool', I get a new page that says 'sizing tool' and nothing more.
  • Solar Guppy
    Solar Guppy Solar Expert Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭
    Options

What ever happened the Crewzer? got the Xantrex Sales support job and we haven't hear from him since them :roll:, he is the one that could answer whats up with the calculator ..

Its a shame the website is messed up ... somehow, I'm not surprised, I really liked the GT string calculator
  • BB.
    Options

OK---Go to a resellers page to find the GT Inverter... Then go to the:

Schneider GT Inverter Page

Then here is the link stripped of the HTML template information:

for the Xantrex GT Inverter Sizing Page

Weirdly, this is hosted by some URL named www.se-renbu.com

If you click on www.se-renbu.com it says:
    USE OF ANY OF THE TOOLS OR UTILITIES LISTED HERE IS NOT PERMITTED.
    PLEASE ACCESS THESE TOOLS VIA OUR WEBSITE.

And gives you links directly to the webtool pages...

I have no idea how long this very handy page will last. :roll:

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • aj164
    Options

Both of those worked! Thanks!
  • aj164
    Options

UPDATE: se-renbu.com links have been disabled... Their policy must be something along the lines of "Keep 'em guessing. The more clicks, the more respect. Absolutely no bookmarking."

Also, I was told the GT Sizing now works only with IE. No word on when other browsers will be supported. (Edit: Currently not working on my machine with IE or any browser at all.)
  • BB.
    Options

It worked great in FireFox without Schnieder's frame in frame in frame web programming and even the frame in frame stuff worked last week...

I guess I can dust off I.E. if somebody asks for help... :cry::grr

I hope Jim/Crewzer (he went to Schneider for their "Xantrex" product support) is OK--He has not logged in since June 2nd, 2010...

-Bill
  • BB.
    Options

It looks like the direct link is working again (I noticed a week or so ago):
    USE OF ANY OF THE TOOLS OR UTILITIES LISTED HERE IS NOT PERMITTED.
    PLEASE ACCESS THESE TOOLS VIA OUR WEBSITE.

And I did hear from Jim/Crewzer--He is doing well at Schneider--Just really busy.

-Bill
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks Bill for the info on Jim. I was hoping that he bit the bullet and moved to wind river area. A place where he was going to go off the grid.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net