Auto Water filling

ComputerGrampa
ComputerGrampa Registered Users Posts: 5
Has anyone out there tried some of the "auto" water filling setups?

I'd like to hear you wisdom on the subject.

Tx

Comments

• Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Auto Water filling

Hi CG, Welcome to this Forum,

IIRC, ' Mangas ' was considering some auto-filling system.

Personally, if one has minimized the number of cells, and are not overcharging or overheating (high ambient temps), then auto-filling might only be required for unattended power systems.

Foy my system, battery maintenance takes less than 1 hr/mo. Much of this is monitoring pilot cell(s) SGs, and tweaking CC settings.

As flooded batteries age, they do consume more water. And there is just about quicker way to kill a battery than running it low on water.

But, you have been off-grid for some time, so, you know all of the above (to the extent that it is accurate). I'll wait for those who have used these systems to chime in.

EDIT: in searching this Forum, found this tidbit:

http://forum.solar-electric.com/showthread.php?t=4979&highlight=battery+watering+system

' lamplight ' may have done a bit of research FWIW.

Good Luck, Vic
    Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.