Outback FX3048

Options
roks
roks Solar Expert Posts: 28
Hi All,

Can someone with experience of Outback inverters give me abit of advise on a 2nd hand inverter.

This unit is a FX3048 230v version, it shows a solid red LED, no output. Is it possible to fix this? What could have gone wrong?

I am hoping its a easy fix by replacing a couple of blown parts??

Thanks.

Comments

• tallgirl
    tallgirl Solar Expert Posts: 413 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: Outback FX3048
    roks wrote: »
    Hi All,

Can someone with experience of Outback inverters give me abit of advise on a 2nd hand inverter.

This unit is a FX3048 230v version, it shows a solid red LED, no output. Is it possible to fix this? What could have gone wrong?

I am hoping its a easy fix by replacing a couple of blown parts??

Thanks.

Connect a Mate to it and ask the Mate what's broken.

And yes, usually a board or two can be replaced and they are good as new.
  • halfcrazy
    halfcrazy Solar Expert Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Options

Boards can be replaced but they are not cheap so if this is something you are looking at to buy be careful not to spend to much.
  • roks
    Options

Thanks, any idea of the cost of these boards?
  • Solar Guppy
    Solar Guppy Solar Expert Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭
    Options

When I had to replace the boards it was $650 ...
  • blackswan555
    blackswan555 Solar Expert Posts: 246 ✭✭
    Options

3 boards in them, About €300 for AC or control board, €600 for FET board, resonably easy to change on site with normal hand tool`s,

Where in the world are you ? please describe fault a little more, is it just connect DC = red error light ?

Have a good one
    Tim

Edited to add, my colleague has a FET board in stock here in Spain if it`s any help,

vid on changing boards
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb2PpRs9Bss
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVwpHCsoKJA
  • roks
    Options

Thanks guys, blackswan555 thanks for the videos, nothing too difficult. Unfortunately I dont know much about the error, I am going to try and find out.

These are quite expensive here in the UK, not sure if I'll be able to get any parts here. They are not exactly cheap parts, also the mate is $300?

Will have to see how much I can take gamble on that faulty unit.....
  • blackswan555
    blackswan555 Solar Expert Posts: 246 ✭✭
    Options

See if you can find a little more about it and why / how it stopped working, they are a tough beast and it is only lightning or VERY bad AC input that seems to kill them,
    You will get parts in UK or Europe,
    You can use the FX without a mate, It would be handy to have one to change a few of the defaults to start with, but once setup, If you do not want a display, to use AGS or HBX, everything else is stored in the inverter,
    Have a good one
    Tim
  • tallgirl
    tallgirl Solar Expert Posts: 413 ✭✭
    Options
    roks wrote: »
    These are quite expensive here in the UK, not sure if I'll be able to get any parts here. They are not exactly cheap parts, also the mate is $300?

If you post on the OutBack board you might be able to find someone in your area who has one they can loan you. You don't need to keep it -- just borrow it for a few minutes.