Temp Coefficient Conversion

Options
Solar Power Industrie's A2P1-XXX-A has a cell voltage temp coefficient of -2.17mV/degree C. The module has 60 cells and they're all in series.

How do I convert mV/degree C to %/degree C?

Comments

• crewzer
    crewzer Registered Users, Solar Expert Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Temp Coefficient Conversion

Just divide the cell's voltage temp coefficient by the individual cell's STC Voc and multiply the quotient by 100.

For example, if the cell's voltage temp coefficient is -2.17 mV/C, and its STC Voc is 0.615 V, then the % temp coefficient for the cell is:

(-0.00217 V/C / 0.615 V) x 100 = -0.353%/C

The % temp coefficient spec is not affected by the number of cells in the module.

HTH,
    Jim / crewzer
  • dhaval
    dhaval Registered Users Posts: 1
    Options

Right Now I am using a cell in which cells supplier is giving me current temp. coefficient in mA/K, but in my sun simulator. i have to feed value in %/c. How to convert it?
  • ggunn
    ggunn Solar Expert Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭
    Options
    dhaval wrote: »
    Right Now I am using a cell in which cells supplier is giving me current temp. coefficient in mA/K, but in my sun simulator. i have to feed value in %/c. How to convert it?
    What for? In the first place, that number is not routinely used in system design and in the second place it is usually extremely small.

But you'd calculate it the same way as you would calculate the % change per degree C (or K) of voltage as described above, only using Isc instead of Voc.