tristar ts-60 - internal software error?

maok
maok Registered Users Posts: 20
Hi everybody,

does anybody have an experience with controler tristar?

I programed it via computer to change a voltage for equalization and some details more.
everything was workig properly, but one day, tristar strated to blinkig-like error. I restarted it and than I saw, that my settings I made, stayed in tristars memory, but tristar didnt charge any more in that way, just by some factory settings.

and now, when I am trying to make some change in settings via comp, everything apears to be OK. it wrights to memory of tristar, but it doesnt charge with these settings.

dont you know something about this problem?

thanks

Maok

Comments

• Solar Guppy
    Solar Guppy Solar Expert Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭
    Re: tristar ts-60 - internal software error?

On the PWM TriStars, you update the unit via the RS232 software but you also have to change the dip switchs to select custom settings, #4,5,6 must be on and you need to reset the charger to use the new settings

http://www.morningstarcorp.com/en/support/item.cfm?ItemId=114 ( page 12 )
  • maok
    maok Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi, thanks for the answer. I was doing everything like you wrighted. Also it worked well, untill that error apeared. now it does not accept the new settings for charging, but the new settings are wrighted to memory of tristar corectly. everything is there, just tristar doesnot charge in that way.

is there some diagnostic software for tristar? or some servicing soft?

thanks for answers..

maok
  • Solar Guppy
    Solar Guppy Solar Expert Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭

on the www.morningstarcorp.com website is a support section. Download the msview software and reload the default values. If that doesn't help, you can contact support from the same website for further help