Worldwide Energy & Mfg Solar panel

Options
Is anyone familiar with the solar panels made by "Worldwide Energy & Mfg". I'm getting quotes to have a grid tied system installed and one of my quotes lists these panels. Specifically they are using AS-5M-180W panels. I've never heard of them. From what I do see searching the net is they are made in China. Thats about it.

What kind of quality are they.

Should I avoid them.

Comments

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Worldwide Energy & Mfg Solar panel
    solar4mae wrote: »
    What kind of quality are they.

China quality. Variable. The better question is, who services the warranty? Will they be around in 4 years ?
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options

The panels are approved for California Rebates, so I guess they exist--That is all I know.

Eligible PV Modules List - Go Solar California!

If they are on a government approved list--it must mean that they are wonderful. :roll:

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin
    Options
    BB. wrote: »
    The panels are approved for California Rebates, so I guess they exist--That is all I know.

Thats about all I can say for them, not much information about the manufacture.

Eligible PV Modules List - Go Solar California!
    BB. wrote: »
    If they are on a government approved list--it must mean that they are wonderful. :roll:

wonderful under test conditions.

Since I'm not finding much information about these panels and it doesn't look like much of an installed base, I'll have to stick to the name brands.