Several New Products Being Launched

Options
nigtomdaw
nigtomdaw Solar Expert Posts: 705 ✭✭
Hi I subscribe to home power and in todays digital down load several new products from well know US companies have been advertised. With the exception of Bogart Engineering having PDF manuals for there new product on there website none of the other newly announced products feature anywhere on there respective sites:confused:

1. Morningstar. Have launched a new range of Tristar MPPT controllers still looks very familiar here is the blurb

The TriStar MPPT is an advanced maximum power
point tracking charge regulator for off-grid PV systems
providing many advantages:
• PV’s most efficient MPPT controller. Peak efficiency of 99.5%
• PV’s most reliable MPPT controller. No internal cooling
fan yet runs cooler than any other MPPT controller.
No mechanical relays.
• PV’s only controller with on-board Ethernet. Fully internet
enabled from any browser. Also sends email and text
messages.
• PV’s best MPPT tracking algorithm. Almost no power losses.
Recognizes multiple power peaks and performs well at
low light levels.
Please contact your local PV distributor
or visit www.morningtarcorp.com for further details.

2. Bogart Engineering have launched a new snazy budget Battery monitor in a moulded case blurb is

12-48V operation standard.
Higher lightning resistance. Smaller
package includes enclosure. Also
Watts. Records system analysis
information to help nd system
problems. $180

Thats only $11 more than the bog standard unit and offers 48vand lightning protection, website has PDF install and user manuals

3. Outback Power FlexPower One Blurb is

FLEXpower ONE
The new pre-wired FLEXpower ONE system includes all the essential protective devices in the
smallest possible space at the lowest installed cost.
Utilizing the compact design of the FLEXware 250 enclosure, the fully pre-wired FLEXpower
ONE system is designed for a quick and easy installation, saving both time and money. Using
the new FLEXware 250 mounting plate the FLEXpower ONE system includes a single inverter,
two FLEXware 250 enclosures, a single FLEXmax charge controller, a MATE, and a HUB4 in a
small footprint. The FLEXpower ONE system also includes the inverter and PV array breakers, PV
ground fault protection, an Input-Output-Bypass breaker assembly and either a US type GFCI
(Type B) or a EU (Type F) AC outlet with one AC load breaker. The included hanging bracket
makes the FLEXpower One easy to install and hides all of the mounting hardware for a cleaner,
more professional installation.
The OutBack Power FLEXpower ONE system is the only choice when you need a fully integrated,
true-sinewave, reliable power system that saves both time and money while still looking great.

Ive started a new post of Flex Power One as Im chuffed as I think I know where this idea came from;)

Magnum New Min iMagnum Power

The new MMP is an inclusive, easy-to-install panel designed to
work with one Magnum MS-AE, MS, RD or other non-Magnum
inverter/charger.
Features:
Small footprint: only 12.5”
wide x 18” tall x 8” deep
Money-saving design:
not only is the MMP less
expensive, but it is prewired
for fast installation,
saving labor costs.
Easy access: front-mounted
breakers and remote (optional).
Choices: wired for 120 VAC
or 120/240 VAC output
Inclusive: works with non-
Magnum inverter/chargers
(stand-alone parts included)

Includes:
One DC breaker – 175A or 250A
One AC bypass breaker – 30A
dual pole or 60A single pole
One AC input breaker – 30A
dual pole or 60A single pole
500A 50mv DC shunt
DC buss bars for inverter
positive and negative
Din rail for optional DC mini
breakers – will hold up to
six breakers

Comments

• Windsun
    Windsun Solar Expert Posts: 1,164 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: Several New Products Being Launched

Unfortunately, the ads tend to appear anywhere from 1 to 3 months ahead of actual availability. In some cases - like Xantrex a while back - it can be up to a year.

Last I heard on the new Morningstar MPPT's was "this summer".
  • lamplight
    lamplight Solar Expert Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

morningstar is now saying sept 2009. i happened to read homepower this month at my inlaws (idont get it anymore) and this morningstar tristar mppt jumped right out at me. great efficiency, low self power usage and an ethernet port. the last one is a big draw for me. it says it should be configurable to allow web access which is very very neat, also it will be able to email or sms text message you. wow. interesting that theres no physical relays either. i almost cant wait for my mx-60 to die, but so far its into its 5th year and going fine. just couldnt bring myself to spend many hundreds of dollars extra for a outback mate, what a ripoff. :roll:

is there any other charge controllers out now with ethernet access built in? if so how do they rate for quality? i have never read anything bad about morningstar.
  • nigtomdaw
    nigtomdaw Solar Expert Posts: 705 ✭✭
    Options

The Mates not a ripoff if you have an OB inverter all USA and probably the ROTW have an right to design loyalty in to their product range X. OB, M Star and Magnum all do so I suspect the exception will be MNS with there standalone new MPPT CC it will offer a universal info bus because its there first electronic package as a company, and need to offer good quality monitoring without propriorety interfaces. They might later offer a Inverter Charger System who knows but bill gates didnt become where he is today without offering Dos to everyone for next to nothing , others may learn some day.

Nigel the gist is in there somwhere;)