Options
    Re: 48 v forklift battery

Hey Homes,

No problem on the advise. What I think you should do is get one of these

50 Amp Battery Selector Switch - Battery #1, #2, or BOTH

Blue Sea Battery Switch 1-2-OFF 350 Amp
    Item# BS9001E

wind-sun_2069_19350882

from the forum sponsor and install on your system. I would say you should install two, one each of the pwm controllers so that when your system goes in float and you are aware of it manual switch 8 panels over to the second bank of batteries that you would use as back up to keep them toped up and allow the two remaining panels on the first bank maintain the float. When that particular pwm with 2 panels starts to bulk charge again you have the option of switching back both or one of the other pwm controllers.

Cheers...
    Damani
  • Ralph Day
    Ralph Day Solar Expert Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Isn't Damani a Hermit crab in a beer can?

Is there a snap when changing selector position, or is it done under no-load conditions?

Ralph
  • Dapdan
    Dapdan Solar Expert Posts: 330 ✭✭
    Options

Ralph,

I think you're right. I am a hermit crab who drinks beer! ;)
  • homerramirez
    homerramirez Solar Expert Posts: 102 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks a lot Dapdan, I knew it has to be something like that, I just could not find the link in our host web page, it seems that is under construction, this switch will avoid doing it manually, you know, once we reach over the hill we want everything to work at turn switch or push button ;)

By the way, I think that after a 12 pk. of moderated drinks, a crab woulb't care if is confused with a lobster :p....lol.

thanks once more.....;)