THERE IS AN ISSUE BUT I'M NOT SURE WHETHER IT IS RELATED TO BATTERIES OR INVERTER

Options
diallodjeri
diallodjeri Registered Users Posts: 14 ✭✭
​Hello folks,
Please I need help from the community. I have a grid-tied system that comprises 2 inverters of 5kw each and 2 CNDR Elite from bigbattery.com. Each battery is 11 KW, 48v.
I have plenty of solar panels. At 11 am the two batteries are 100% full. When my batteries are depleted early in the morning, the inverters switch back to the grid with no problem. But, when there is a power outage and batteries are depleted a total blackout is expected. The true dilemma starts when the batteries start getting some juice up to even 80 to 100% full the inverters still don't supply any electricity to the house, and I have no idea why. The inverters are set to supply electricity to the house as soon as the battery reaches 15% charge. The only way I can force the inverters to supply any electricity to the house is to turn them off and back on. I have a qualified electrician who has done the installation, but this issue seems to surprise him a bit. :/
I would appreciate any suggestions. :)

Comments

• faostephen
    faostephen Registered Users Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Diallodjeri,

There are 2 of your settings that may be suspect.

1. Mains to battery operating point

2. AC output source

Also, the way your 2 inverters are set up can impact this too.

Was this system working as expected before now or the situation is from onset?

Sharing the make of your inverters and probably some screenshots of the relevant settings may be helpful in assisting you. :)
    5KW Growatt Hybrid Inverter, 16 x 350W S.Panels, Off Grid, 10 years
  • mahendra
    mahendra Solar Expert Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi Diallodjeri,

There are 2 of your settings that may be suspect.

1. Mains to battery operating point

2. AC output source

Also, the way your 2 inverters are set up can impact this too.

Was this system working as expected before now or the situation is from onset?

Sharing the make of your inverters and probably some screenshots of the relevant settings may be helpful in assisting you. :)
    you might want to check for firmware updates as well besides what was advised