Schneider XW6048 powers wrong subpanel on grid failure

Options
gordonnovak
gordonnovak Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3
I have 12 KW of solar and dual XW6048 with batteries, grid-tied.  There is a main panel with heavy loads and a critical loads subpanel.  On a grid failure, the system powers the main panel but the critical loads subpanel goes dark; this quickly depletes the batteries and causes a fault.

This used to work.  Is there a menu setting for which subpanel is energized on grid failure?  Or what may be wrong here?  Thank you for any advice.

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You would have to get some pictures to say for sure. Look for faults in XW and get the number.  Off the top of my head in the screenshot below,
    the only way this could happen is the input transfer relays have been destroyed on this old greybox XW.   AC1 is by directional and could be back feeding the main panel also. If you want to go farther I am in business and my flat fee is reasonable.  Good Luck!

"we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• gordonnovak
    Options
    Thank you for your response.  The diagram is helpful.  The fault is F48, low DC voltage, not surprising since it is trying to run the heavy loads from battery.  The Backup panel AC Out goes to zero when this happens (lights out and egauge shows zero).
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No other faults in recent history?
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• gordonnovak
    Options
    F48 has been the only fault I've seen.