SMA SI6048 low battery threshold

Options
Hi, I've got an odd question - I think this will work but want to run it past some other eyes.

My system:
SI6048
SMA com box
2-Midnite Classic 250
6kw solar array
8kw diesel generator
968Ah 48V FORKLIFT battery

My system has been in operation for about 5 years and the SI6048 says my SOH is 75%. My system runs flawlessly 9 months out of the year when I have long days and ample sun, but here at the shortest day I find I do have a problem. The combo of short sun, and cold weather makes us dependent on the generator for up to 60% of our power.

Here's my problem - after drawing out 150-200 Ah, late at night the heat pump cranks up and increases the 10-15A steady late night load to 25-30A or thereabouts. With the SI6048 programmed to start the generator at 40% - while the SI6048 shows a SOC of 80-85% - it starts the generator and resets SOC to 20%.

Voltage drop - I'm assured by my battery guy that my forklift battery still has most of its capacity left even if the voltage drops below 40v. Here is my culprit - forklift batteries suck for solar - the voltage drops to 46.0v at which time the SI6048 freeks out, resets SOC to 20% and implements its battery protection protocol.

Here is my question (took me long enough):

If in QCG 'new battery' I set my nominal voltage below 48, it will still charge to the set voltage targets I've set, but will only lower the low DC voltage threshold below 46, and not much else, right? Solving my problem. OR will it have other unintended consequences?
SMA Solar Sunny Island SI6048
JA Solar 330W 'Cypress series' 72 cell panels (18)
MidNite Solar Classic 250 MPPT charge controllers (2)
MidNite Solar MODBUS/Canbus communications adaptor for Sunny Island
MidNite Solar SMA-OG E-panel
MidNite Solar WhizBang Jr current sensor
MidNite Solar MNSPD300V surge protection device (3)
MidNite Solar MNSHUNT 50mv/500A DC shunt
MidNite Solar MNSOB3R-4P PV array shut off box
MidNite Solar Birdhouse 1 RSS initiator
MidNite Solar Battery disconnect module
MidNite Solar Disconnect PSB
Atkinson GSCM mini-i generator start module
Cummins Onan Quiet Diesel QD-8000 8HDKAK diesel inverter generator
Cummins Onan Quiet Diesel QD-3200 3.2HDZAA diesel cycloconverter generator
24-125-11 Monterey Industrial 'Big Sur' 986Ah 48V battery
285-gallon diesel fuel tank
Off the grid on the PNW coast