New to the Forum and need help

Options
Trygves
Trygves Registered Users Posts: 9 ✭✭
I have the Schneider XW+ 6846 and two MPPT 80 600 with 48 Volt Lithium batteries and the SCP to set everything up. In addition I have both the Conext Com Box and the InsightHome device which shows no solar activity even though I have 300+ Volt at the MPPT's. What are I missing?
Does someone have the old firmware for the MPPT as I have 1.09.00.BN6 and would like to try 1.07.00.BN1 as a replacement because the MODE setup only shows () and not Standby or Operational between the parenthesis.
Also why does the MPPT go into a Disabled mode at night and never comes back unless I program it to start again?

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023 #2
    Options
    Unspecified behavior is the reason Schneider wants combox out of the system. Two controllers might not play well together. Sounds like one of your problems. Combox also has security flaws.so why is it in the xanbus network please?   Insight home for XW+ is at v1.17. Do not load v1.18.

Is this a new to you power system? If so make sure mppt's are enabled.  Good Luck!

"we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• Trygves
    Options
    Thank you for your comments. I will take the Conext Com Box out of the system.
    Does anyone have the Schneider MPPT firmware 1.07.00 to share with me?
    OPS - I do have 1.18.BN41 for InsightHomr - does anyone have 1.17 they can share with me also?
  • Trygves
    Options
    Yes this is a new power system I am trying to get to work. I took the ComBox away from the system.
    I still do not show anything from the solar panels even though I have 350 or so Volts going into the MPPP's as can be seen on the InsightHome when it displays what is going on.
    I still need the firmware

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    New to you !  Who installed it please?   XW was replaced 4 years ago with XWpro

You never said if the Mppt is operating like in the screenshot  I attached?   Without answers this is not productive, sorry.

The firmware will probably be the wrong path to go down. Have you done a DC powerdown? Disco the HV,  disco the DC breakers into the mppts. wait for a minute and energize the DC. The next thing to try is reset the mppt to factory. This controller is pretty bullet proof except surges from generators and lightning. Are you offgrid?

Below is where the firmware is at. The Schneider site is not easy but you should try and get familiar with it. The files are too large to email.

https://solar.se.com/us/en/product/insighthome-and-insightfacility-edge-devices/#downloads

"we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• Trygves
    Options
    How do I downgrade the InsightHome device to 1.14.00.BN488 as required firmware. All my trials have failed. Yes reading the Schneider website is not easy - I still can't find MPPT firmware 1.07.00.
  • Trygves
    Options
    I have the InsightHome at 1.14 by logging into 192.168.0.xx and changing it that way. Others told me the webpage is more accurate and better to use.
  • Trygves
    Options
    IT IS WORKING NOW.   I loaded the MPPT firmware again and now everything seems to work the way it should. The firmware was the same as was in the MPPT's but was re-loaded 1.09.00BN6 and now (even on a cloudy day) I see some power from the solar panels. Thank you to everyone who helped me.

• Trygves
    Options
    My system was inspected by our City and they did not find a Surge Protector so full approval was not yet done. I purchased a Surge Protector which will be installed as soon as  I get it. Then I am 100% ready to sell power.