Full Review of AC300 + B300

Options
Selfmadestrom
Selfmadestrom Registered Users Posts: 5 ✭✭
Hello my friends of self-generated electricity. Today I would like to introduce you to the Bluetti AC300 + B300 combination. I hope this is very helpful for you!

What do we need to get started?
Basically, there are several ways in which we can put together a set like this. Either you buy the AC300 and the number of batteries needed (maximum 4) separately or you choose one of the pre-configured sets from the Bluetti site.

However, it makes no difference to the number of cables or other accessories which of the variants you choose. The connection cables to the AC300 are included with the B300 batteries. I would recommend the set, as you have everything at hand at once.

Note: The AC300 does not have its own battery. At least one B300 or B230 battery is required for operation.

What can the AC300 + B300 combination do?
Outputs
The AC300 is a real powerhouse and is bursting with connections! In my opinion, the highlight of the AC300 is the 3000W inverter, which can reliably operate a large number of products. But the users among you who need a large number of USB ports or a 12V or 24V output will also get their money's worth here. In addition to standard USB-A outputs, the AC300 also offers USB-C outputs with up to 100W output power. This is enough to comfortably charge any supported notebook.

The AC300 is a real powerhouse and is bursting with connections! In my opinion, the highlight of the AC300 is the 3000W inverter, which can reliably operate a large number of products. But the users among you who need a large number of USB ports or a 12V or 24V output will also get their money's worth here.In addition to standard USB-A outputs, the AC300 also offers USB-C outputs with up to 100W output power. This is enough to comfortably charge any supported notebook.

For the camper friends among you, the 12V or 24V should be very interesting.Insufficiently cooled goods are definitely a thing of the past.Inputs
In addition to the various inputs, the AC300 also offers the option of charging the connected B300 batteries via two power sources. On the one hand via a mains power supply with the included AC Schuko plug and on the other hand via a considerable solar input to enjoy emission-free electricity.

The solar input or the integrated dual MPPT controller can accept solar panels up to 150V 12A per input. The input is limited to a maximum of 2400W, which is really impressive.The AC input can be regulated in 1A steps as required.In my case, the AC300 was preset to 10A.This corresponds to 2300W power, which could then be drawn via the AC input.

For more in-depth technical information on the AC300 + B300 combination, you are welcome to watch one of my videos. You can find these linked further down in this article.

UPS / UPS
UPS or USV stands for uninterruptible power supply.This functionality allows you to operate your favorite device carefree, even in the event of a power failure.Basically, a UPS works very simply.With regard to the AC300, it is connected to a normal socket in your home with the AC cable and your favorite device is connected to one of the AC300 sockets. The battery level is kept at a configured value and then supplies your device directly with power from your home socket.The advantage is that if the public power grid is not available, the AC300 immediately switches to battery operation without any noticeable interruption. Your device will continue to operate without any restrictions. Great, isn't it?

Applications - What do I need the AC300 + B300 combination for?
Camping / motorhome / caravan
The classic application for this type of power station is operation in a motorhome or caravan. Thanks to the powerful inverter, you are no longer dependent on gas as an energy source for the hob in a caravan, for example, but can also prepare lunch with clean solar power.Of course, the combination of the two units can also be super practical if you want to spend the night with your camper away from the nearest campsite.There are almost limitless application possibilities in this area.

Main solar energy storage
The AC300 can also be used wonderfully as a solar storage unit.My primary use for the AC300 is to store solar energy from larger solar panels.Small power stations often have the problem that the solar input is very limited.The power supply units supplied either provide more or at least constant power. For this reason, I like to charge many of my smaller power stations like the Bluetti EB55 via the AC300.

Another scenario for a main storage unit would be places such as forest huts without their own power connection. The AC300 can also be integrated into an existing domestic grid via the socket. The only restriction here is that the power supply is only single-phase. This means that certain appliances such as ovens cannot be operated with it.

Possible alternatives to the AC300?
AC500
The successor to the AC300 would be the AC500. You can use the same B300 batteries as for your AC300. The AC500 offers advantages such as an inverter with 5000W power and a significantly optimized self-consumption of the electronics.In terms of price-performance ratio, the AC300 is still a good deal.

EP500Pro
The EP500Pro takes us down a different path.This is somewhat easier to move stationary thanks to its attached castors and offers a built-in battery of approx. 5 kWh. This capacity can be expanded in "Powerbank" mode using two B300 batteries.However, unlike the two AC units, it is not possible to manage or charge the B300.At least not directly.

Would you like to find out more about the AC300 + B300?
Then check out my YouTube series on this unit!

Part 1: https://youtu.be/qNTP7XGynO8
Part2: https://youtu.be/Z7c9QrUN__k

Final words
Thank you very much for reading this article. If you have any questions about this power station, please ask them in one of the two YouTube videos. Thank you very much!

Comments

• littleharbor2
    littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do I smell spam ?

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

• SteveK
    SteveK Solar Expert Posts: 387 ✭✭
    Options
    Do I smell spam ?

No, Spam actually smells better than this, in my opinion.
  • Selfmadestrom
    Options
    Hi @littleharbor2 @SteveK

Why this should be spam? When something is wrong with it just tell me :)
  • Marc Kurth
    Marc Kurth Solar Expert Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023 #5
    Options

You make it clear that your intent is to drive people to your YouTube channel. You flatly say that any questions should be asked on your YouTube channel, instead of here on the forum - where you posted. You provide a link to buy the product that makes you money.
    Do you not see that you appear to be on this site strictly to monetize your content?
    Marc

I always have more questions than answers. That's the nature of life.
  • Selfmadestrom
    Options
    Hi @Marc Kurth
    Thanks for you feedback. I can remove the link. It get me a little benefit for sure, but mainly it was mean kind from me to save the extra 5%. It only rewards me a special current which can be exchanged in in goodies. So no big deal.

With the Youtube Videos, i dont earn any money. Not a single cent. I just forward to my youtube channel because its much easier for me to not have to watch all the forums im in and instead answering all questions on a central place.

Hope you guys understand

Erik
  • SteveK
    SteveK Solar Expert Posts: 387 ✭✭
    Options

And to add what Marc said: You called it a "Full Review" posted here but it was nothing of the sort.
  • Marc Kurth
    Marc Kurth Solar Expert Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Marc Kurth
    Thanks for you feedback. I can remove the link. It get me a little benefit for sure, but mainly it was mean kind from me to save the extra 5%. It only rewards me a special current which can be exchanged in in goodies. So no big deal.

With the Youtube Videos, i dont earn any money. Not a single cent. I just forward to my youtube channel because its much easier for me to not have to watch all the forums im in and instead answering all questions on a central place.

Hope you guys understand

Erik

Erik, I can only describe what you appear to be doing. If I am wrong, then I apologize but I still get the feeling that you are here to benefit directly or indirectly.
    Marc
    I always have more questions than answers. That's the nature of life.
  • tyronegrey
    tyronegrey Registered Users Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options

AC300 Key Specs:

• Pure sine wave inverter with 6000W surge power
    • 6 x 120V AC outlets + 1 x 120V TT-30 outlet with 3000W output in total
    • 1 x 100W USB-C, 2 x 5V USB Type A, 2 x 18W USB Type-A
    • 1 x 12V/30A DC RV outlet, 1 x 24V/10A car outlet
    • 2 x 15W Qi wireless charge pads
    • AC, solar and car inputs with maximum 5,400W input
    • Supports 240V split phase bonding
    • Multiple UPS modes