XW Pro 6848 120-240V Firmware XW+ and Insight Home and Facility firmware.

Options
Numerous additions and fixes. Schneider is recommending the XW+ owners stay at v1.17 for Insight.. See firmware manifest below from Insight Cloud.

XWP should be at v2. 04 and gateway/insight local at v1.18.    Read and follow release notes in firmware releases !  Gobble Gobble !

"we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
   htps://offgridsolar1.com/
E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

Comments

• SteveK
    SteveK Solar Expert Posts: 387 ✭✭
    edited November 2023 #2
    Options
    Looks like there is another firmware upgrade coming for the XWP. They speak of 2.14 in the 1.18 release notes.
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is always another...

The AC coupling fix to add an existing grid-tie system to Insight (on or offgrid) and show power flow accurately was added to v1.18.
    It is in beta testing and will be done soon. Probably need xwp FW for that. The Grid codes for Cali and the Islands are contently being changed by those states. There is the new Inverter and battery to get into market.

Just be careful about using v1.18 on the old XW+ until that gets ironed out in v1.19   Gobble Gobble!

• ELYNN4
    ELYNN4 Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up regarding the XW+ Dave.  Happy Thanksgiving!
    Off Grid, 4.5KW array, 9&6KW Gens, 6848XW inverter, Midnite Classic 150, 2 strings - 48V - Trojan FLA L16 2V, located in Talkeetna, Alaska
  • ELYNN4
    ELYNN4 Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭
    Options
    Heads up to anyone that is off-grid with an XW6848+ and trying to upgrade the firmware.  If you follow Schneider’s instructional video you may brick your inverter!  What they don’t tell you is that the AGS will turn your generator off, even when the inverter is in by pass mode and the system is placed in standby.  If you lose power (generator is shut down by AGS) while upgrading the firmware your inverter may be bricked!  More than one way to get folks to upgrade their inverters…
    Off Grid, 4.5KW array, 9&6KW Gens, 6848XW inverter, Midnite Classic 150, 2 strings - 48V - Trojan FLA L16 2V, located in Talkeetna, Alaska
  • Dave Angelini
    Options
    It does depend on how you have your AGS set.  Alot of interaction in the settings. Many people do not use an AGS and I applaud them!

Running a generator unattended is a recipe for disaster. The firmware does warn you BTW !  This is nothing new on a 10+ year old product,  but heads up Offgrid.    Know why you are updating firmware !!  If you do not have a reason for new FW,  then do not chance a well running power system!

• Dave Angelini
    edited January 10 #7
    Options
    Schneider has been placing a warning to update firmware. It is OK to update the gateway FW  to v1.18. They say it is needed to avoid disruptions.

Be very careful as the warning on the cloud/smartphone indicates also to update XWP. If your XWP is an old version v1.11 01
    It may need some extra steps as there may not be a region code. You do not need to update XWP if you are offgrid ! I have many clients running the same version of FW they bought XWP with.

Schneider is recommending the XW+ owners stay at gateway v1.14 now.  My first post here is dated and now wrong.

The dangerous part you can see in my screenshot. Below.  I have had a customer just let the cloud do the updates by checking the boxes.
    During XWP firmware the power is cycled and if you are not in AC bypass, you could brick your XW. No power until it is recovered!

For my other client, she lost XWP for a month (in winter) and ran on genset only until I could get someone with computer skills in Alaska to reload XWP FW. I have had emails from NAZ clients also on some bad outcomes. Be careful. I think Schneider will fix the warning soon.

Only do firmware for XWP on Insight Local in AC Bypass on Genset.
     Follow FW warnings in FW release notes and commissioning guide. Verify Grid code first on older XWP FW if possible.

Storm coming in! Cheers!  --Dave

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar
    "we go where powerlines don't"
      https://offgridsolar1.com/ 
    e-mail  offgridsolar@sti.net
    text 209 813 0060

• Dave Angelini
    Options

• monicat100
    monicat100 Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1
    edited February 9 #9
    Options
    I began having issues in December 2023 with AGS set on automatic, the generator would run for about a half hour and then my whole system would shut down.  Caused an EEPROM error.  A month later, tried to use the Automatic setting again, and the AGS was starting the generator outside of trigger parameters, ran for 10 minutes and shut everything down again. This time the error was a NetPSFlt on the MPPT.  Weird ghost in the machine.  My AGS functioned as expected for 7 years without issue and now I can't trust it.  Using Gateway with FW V1.14 which I recently upgraded from 1.11 when I started having issues.  Running XW+ 6848 and MPPT 80 600.  All FW is up to date but haven't had to update anything for quite a while.  Any ideas?  My system is off grid.
  • Dave Angelini
    Options
    I would appreciate it if you start your own thread here as my topic here needs to stay on track.
    Will be happy to respond.

Anyone doing firmware should be reading/understanding the release notes first!  Schneider has made recent changes. Especially if you are offgrid!