Battery chargers

Options
Hello all, 
I have two Trojan T-105 6 volt FLA batteries in series in my camper. I’m having trouble finding a battery charger that meets Trojan’s specs for bulk charging. They recommend a charger that can push out 14.85 V during bulk charge. I’m also having a heck of a time finding a charger with Equalization mode. Trojan recommends 16.2 volts for the T-105s. Lots of chargers feature pulse reconditioning mode to de-sulfate plates but as far as I can tell this is not Equalization.  Can anyone suggest a 25-30 amp charger that meets what Trojan is recommending? 

Many thanks, 

Comments

• Wheelman55
    Wheelman55 Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Kirk67. Back when I was using 2 T105’s wired for 12v, I had the QuickCharge company out of Oklahoma City build me a charger to the Trojan specs. 

The charger they built for me was a 3 stage charger. They said to run it twice in a row if I wanted to equalize. These batteries still had close to full capacity after 5 years thanks to this charger. 

These guys understand FLA batteries. 

I recommend that you give them a call. They’ll be able to help you. 

Off-Grid in Terlingua, TX
    5,000 watt array - 14 CS 370 watt modules. HZLA horizontal tracker. Schneider: XW6048NA+, Mini PDP, MPPT 80-600, SCP. 390ah LiFeP04 battery bank - 3 Discover AES 42-48-6650 48 volt 130ah LiFePO4 batteries
  • Marc Kurth
    Marc Kurth Solar Expert Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After 15 years in the battery business, I will say that Quick Charge builds bulletproof equipment.
    I always have more questions than answers. That's the nature of life.