Utility + Load dry contact on EPEVER Tracer 6420AN with 230V charger with CANbus and PPCP

Options
maikel
maikel Registered Users Posts: 6 ✭✭
Goodday everyone,

Using the following system and wanting to include an external 230-48V charger

System:
2 solar panels (2 extra coming soon, a whole bunch more later): pv: 540W Vmp=42V, Imp=13A, 1kW total power
solar charge controller EPEVER Tracer 6420AN 60A 200V with dry contacts for Load and Utility
batterypack with BMS: Joyvoit 5kW 100Ah
inverter offgrid EPEVER iPower-Plus 5kW 48V with load dry-contact
raspberrypi reading the solarcharger via RS485, soon using RS485 batterypack + inverter, CAN external charger

Just got an external charger 1400W 48V with CANbus and extra PPCP port, the amount of power was advised to me by the manufacturer.
With very cloudy days or a bit too enthusiastic use of solar power the battery is too empty to make it through the night
What I would like to do is charge the battery during nighttime with the external charger to make sure i make it through the night.
In the manual of EPEVER charger they talk about setting the UnderVoltage Warning and Recovery to control the Utility dry contact: my external charger 
They also provide this picture which is what I want i think;

Does this mean that i can connect the 48V output terminals of the external charger to the input of the charger/battery?
If so, can I assume that when dry contact Utility is OFF that the charger can turn ON?
Now the BIG question;
I cannot seem to find any information about the PPCP control wires but it was explained to me like this;
"PPCP signal is used to activate the charging signal; CP=ControlPort and PP=PilotPort".
The wires are red and black, no ground or common wire
Also I ordered the charger with CAN bus included and there is a Control possibility in the specifications as follow, see also attachment;

message1; Byte5
Data name: Contol
0; Start charging. 1; battery charging, stop charging

I seems that the PPCP wires do the same as the CANbus
Does anyone of you guys know if there is a way to connect the PPCP wires to the drycontact Utility connection, maybe with some interface in between, this would be much more reliable than doing everything on the software side with the raspberrypi. I have a 2xRS485+1xCAN HAT board + USBrs485 stick but that's more for reading info for nice grafana graphs.

Sorry soooo many questions and as you can read I don't know where to start. Thanks for reading if you came this far