Skystream 3.7 is back

Skystream
Skystream Registered Users Posts: 1
Skystream 3.7 is back under new ownership.... Thoughts?
https://skystreamturbines.com/

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I think if you search the forum here, you will find all the bad stories of Skystream and wind generators in general. Just not reliable or too much skill to get up high enough to maintain. Alot less of those people who will go up that high these days. In the old days of Offgrid they made sense and might still if implemented correctly with lot's of spares.

When we were about the world on a sailboat, the boats with wind gens (NOISE) were a good reason to pull up the hook and find another place to anchor. Backing winds were the noisiest.

I looked at the site and not alot of info there without emailing them. Did you ? Not alot of info on watts per knot of wind. Does not look to be useable for Offgrid.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• Marc Kurth
    Marc Kurth Solar Expert Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭✭
    In looking at the site, I am left with the impression that you need to be 52' up to get laminar flow to achieve the 2.7kW rating at 29 MPH.
    I always have more questions than answers. That's the nature of life.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    I believe the original poster may work at SkyStream... So perhaps they can provide some details?

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset