Schneider SW & SCP & Mixed Topology

Options
Does anyone know if the Combox or/and SCP can accommodate "Display & Control" 1 SW-2524 and a "Pair" of SW-4024. 
Currently on the Bus:
2 MPPT Controllers
1 SCP
1 SW-2024
1 Conext Battery Monitor

Wanting to Add:
4 MPPT Controllers
2 "Paired" SW-4024
2 Conext Battery Monitor (Each SW Has a Battery Bank)

Comments

• MichaelK
    MichaelK Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Has something changed again with the SW-4024?  I bought mine back in 2017, when the 4024 was "supposed" to be parallelable.  I had no plans at the time to do that, but wanted the option though.

Fast forward to past 2020, and the paralleling option was taken away.  So, the late-model SW-4024 could only be used singlely.

So, has Schneider finally corrected their software to allow parallel expansion, or are you referring to another feature?
    System 1) 15 Renogy 300w + 4 250W Astronergy panels,  Midnight 200 CC, 8 Trojan L16 bat., Schneider XW6848 NA inverter, AC-Delco 6000w gen.
    System 2) 8 YingLi 250W panels, Midnight 200CC, three 8V Rolls batteries, Schneider Conext 4024 inverter (workshop)
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That is correct, CSW not offered anymore for parallel. XW pro is the platform for parallel operation, and always has been.

Combox and SCP are not supported and have been replaced with Insight Home and Insight Facility gateways.

Last CSW firmware did not do much so it is mature.

V3.12.00 Build 01 (June 2020) Changes/New Features  Improved binary input reading for Inv Enable button.

V3.11.00 Build 10 (February 2018) Changes/New Features  Ported XW+ timer to CSW to improve reliability and performance of timer functions.  Improved Load Shave startup to better manage inrush currents.  Improved operation of Triac short circuit relay when battery voltage drops below Low Battery Cut Out voltage.  Improved Triac relay operation when starting Dead Battery Charging which minimizes inrush currents.  
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net