MT 50 and new lithium - is this right?

Options
ajd111
ajd111 Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2
hi guys, 

newbie q so any help appreciated.

Upgrading my small camper van from Lead acid lesuire battery to 120AH lifpo. the van has a 125w solar panel, an mppt controller with a MT 50 display.

so,

battery was fully charged before intall.
I have altered the MT 50 settings to User - 14.2 absorption and 13.8 float. (as advised by battery supplier) and adjusted the other setting suitable for lifpo. 

Now on MT50 shows under the solar icon 13.3 volts -  0 amps.   No >>> arrows going to the battery is this right? Battery shows 13.3 v 0.0 volts .

Is everything OK? why does it not appear to be putting solar power to the battery?

Any help gratefully received.

Andy

Comments

• Wheelman55
    Wheelman55 Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022 #2
    Options
    If the battery is fully charged, no amps will flow to battery. Turn some loads on and you should see the amp output increase, providing of course that the solar panels are producing electricity. 

One of the experts will chime in with a more complete explanation. 
    Off-Grid in Terlingua, TX
    5,000 watt array - 14 CS 370 watt modules. HZLA horizontal tracker. Schneider: XW6048NA+, Mini PDP, MPPT 80-600, SCP. 390ah LiFeP04 battery bank - 3 Discover AES 42-48-6650 48 volt 130ah LiFePO4 batteries
  • ajd111
    ajd111 Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2
    Options
    If the battery is fully charged, no amps will flow to battery. Turn some loads on and you should see the amp output increase, providing of course that the solar panels are producing electricity. 

One of the experts will chime in with a more complete explanation. 
    Ahhhh I wondered if it was that - I shall check tomorrow thanks!